Those bristly pipe cleaners

Whalehead King

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:37 pm I'm a Dill's man, prickly or soft.
So was Charles Bronson.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I'm giving this one a bump. We have not talked about this for as long as I can remember. At least since 2019.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I ordered some of the zen scrubbies from Amazon and my review is... Eh. They're okay, definitely not as good as bj long cleaners or dills
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:33 pm I ordered some of the zen scrubbies from Amazon and my review is... Eh. They're okay, definitely not as good as bj long cleaners or dills
Well, I don't think there is a lot of competition for bristle pipe cleaners any more. Any pipe cleaners, really. I brought my pipe to my mother's house and she tried to show my nephews how she used to make pipe cleaner dolls, just like you and I did when we were kids. My nephews were non-plussed. They had never seen a pipe cleaner before. They had never seen someone smoking a tobacco pipe until I showed up. Wonders never cease.

There have not been any advances in pipe cleaner technology since--- I don't know how long. Zen pipe cleaners are no improvement on what existed before. They are inexpensive and sold in head shops from coast to coast. Gimme a B.J. Long, the greatest name in pipe cleaners.

I like B.J. Longs. They are good pipe cleaners. I prefer them. No double entendre is intended. I like Dill's, too. I don't think I have tried a Zen pipe cleaner. I do not usually frequent head shops.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:09 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:33 pm I ordered some of the zen scrubbies from Amazon and my review is... Eh. They're okay, definitely not as good as bj long cleaners or dills
Well, I don't think there is a lot of competition for bristle pipe cleaners any more. Any pipe cleaners, really. I brought my pipe to my mother's house and she tried to show my nephews how she used to make pipe cleaner dolls, just like you and I did when we were kids. My nephews were non-plussed. They had never seen a pipe cleaner before. They had never seen someone smoking a tobacco pipe until I showed up. Wonders never cease.

There have not been any advances in pipe cleaner technology since--- I don't know how long. Zen pipe cleaners are no improvement on what existed before. They are inexpensive and sold in head shops from coast to coast. Gimme a B.J. Long, the greatest name in pipe cleaners.

I like B.J. Longs. They are good pipe cleaners. I prefer them. No double entendre is intended. I like Dill's, too. I don't think I have tried a Zen pipe cleaner. I do not usually frequent head shops.
More people should frequent head shops, the world would be a better place. The quality of the wire used in the zen scrubbies is definitely a step down in quality compared to the good brands. Won't be placing a re-order when they're gone
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:09 pm
My nephews were non-plussed. They had never seen a pipe cleaner before. They had never seen someone smoking a tobacco pipe until I showed up. Wonders never cease.

I like B.J. Longs. They are good pipe cleaners. I prefer them.
I’m not sure about other craft stores but Walmart has changed the name of “pipe cleaners “ to “fluffy sticks “ for their PC sensitive customers
So there will be fewer Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees for future generations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Lol! Fluffy stick had me rolling!
A person has to work at it hard to be offended by a pipe cleaner.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Plinsc wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:21 am Lol! Fluffy stick had me rolling!
A person has to work at it hard to be offended by a pipe cleaner.
True. But then, there seems to be a lotta people working hard to be offended nowadays.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Ain’t that the truth! I just ignore the hand wringers and do what needs done
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering