Guns and cast iron skillets.

Whalehead King

I thought this may be of interest to some of the people on this forum:

Hitzy

If you like seeing stuff get shot with stuff, check out the Demolition Ranch YouTube channel.
He shoots everything with everything lol.
steamboat

That clip is like the Maine lifestyle. Just bought a cast iron skillet for heating food on wood stove. I don't have any guns yet, since i relocated from Long Island. November, every house had a tractor with a Deer Hanging from the loader. It was sorta of horrifying. Neighbor brought me some Deer Jerky to try. He was astonished i never ate Deer Meat. I am astonished there is no place to listen to live music and play a game of billiards!. I am getting my first chain saw, and rifle next week. If i get myself a deer, and shoot one of these million Turky's in backyard, ill have meat for a year. Huge lifestyle change here.
Whalehead King

steamboat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 pm That clip is like the Maine lifestyle. Just bought a cast iron skillet for heating food on wood stove. I don't have any guns yet, since i relocated from Long Island. November, every house had a tractor with a Deer Hanging from the loader. It was sorta of horrifying. Neighbor brought me some Deer Jerky to try. He was astonished i never ate Deer Meat. I am astonished there is no place to listen to live music and play a game of billiards!. I am getting my first chain saw, and rifle next week. If i get myself a deer, and shoot one of these million Turky's in backyard, ill have meat for a year. Huge lifestyle change here.
You moving from Long Island to Maine is like when I moved from Boston to New Orleans. Enjoy the culture shock until it wears off. Soon enough, you'll be chuckling to yourself about a what a greenhorn you used to be. You'll go native sooner than you think. There is nothing wrong with that.

Nothing bad ever came out of Maine.

Enjoy a glass of Moxie, your newly adopted state's official drink. That'll put hair on your chest, put pep in your step, and get you into the spirit of the place.

DIrigo!
steamboat

Moxie!!! how did you know about that!. I never even heard of that stuff, it sells out faster the Busch beer at the local Wallmart. Maine is gorgeous, but the accent is killing me. The dont pronounce the letter R in anything. Its not Bar Harbor, its Bah Habah. Its real crazy, its like they took the Boston accent, and sat down and thought about how making it sound 100X worst. Especially weird from a NYC native. I honestly cant believe this is only 500 miles away, its like a total different country.

The mail man was drinking a beer, with a rifle in back, and asking permission to hunt land from neighbors. Its open Deer season here now.
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:28 pm I thought this may be of interest to some of the people on this forum:

LOL...the perfect use for chinese-made CI
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

steamboat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:46 pm Moxie!!! how did you know about that!.
I don't like to brag, but I'm an honorary Mainer. That's a story for another day. ;)
steamboat

hahaha so you been to state before. Surprised, not many Americans have been here before. The car wash spray booth here in Bangor, take Canadian quarters.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

FWIW, if it gives me any credibility here, I lived in Maine from the mid 60's until the early 70's.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:08 pm FWIW, if it gives me any credibility here, I lived in Maine from the mid 60's until the early 70's.
Yo. We call that street cred where I come from. Pine trees, maple syrup, lobstah traps, all the way. You know what I'm talking about Fr. Tom. Canadian quawtah!?! It's all cash money.