Latest Tobacco Purchase 2023

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:20 pm Picked up a tin of the latest small batch release

Make sure you run with those scissors
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I am going on the record that LJ Peretti is my favorite Tobacco blender. Just got in 6 1oz samples to try before making my annual order from them. Which should be on Dec. 1st for the Yuletide release. They all smell amazing and I can’t wait to smoke these. I’ve never smelled anything like the casings/toppings they use.

Tropical Fruit
Cherry Cavendish
Wild Cherry
Original Mixture
DD
Blend W

nimazparsa

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:36 am
nimazparsa wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:21 am MacBaren Cheery Choice+Mellow Choice
It is good to see you, @nimazparsa !
thanks bro. I am very happy too. I dont know why but these days i need more nostalgic activities. I entered to this forum 12 years ago. REALLY REALLY fast time running!!
Now! I need peace! slow motion life, I am tired of the world outside.
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Sheridan

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:44 am I am going on the record that LJ Peretti is my favorite Tobacco blender. Just got in 6 1oz samples to try before making my annual order from them. Which should be on Dec. 1st for the Yuletide release. They all smell amazing and I can’t wait to smoke these. I’ve never smelled anything like the casings/toppings they use.

Tropical Fruit
Cherry Cavendish
Wild Cherry
Original Mixture
DD
Blend W

I remember being gifted a few samples from Perettis. This was a few years ago but I remember liking a flake of theirs, London or Cambridge flake? It was soaked in red wine I think. Tasted nice.👍
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:20 pm Picked up a tin of the latest small batch release

I preferred the purple edition.
Sheridan

Top up of Grasmere, Uncle Tom's & revisiting Germain's Brown flake after several years.
Also got some pipe nails & a bonnie looking brandy, a gq tobaccos basket pipe. Petite & portly, I love it!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Sheridan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:25 am Top up of Grasmere, Uncle Tom's & revisiting Germain's Brown flake after several years.
Also got some pipe nails & a bonnie looking brandy, a gq tobaccos basket pipe. Petite & portly, I love it!
Very nice! Are those pipe nails metal? I’ve heard some are actually plastic
Sheridan

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:24 pm
Sheridan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:25 am Top up of Grasmere, Uncle Tom's & revisiting Germain's Brown flake after several years.
You're thinking of golf tees, no?
Everything comes from China nowadays so it wouldn't surprise me. Mine are a cheap hollow pot metal.... I'm guessing it's some sort of pot metal, definitely not plastic whatever it is.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Sheridan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:31 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:24 pm
You're thinking of golf tees, no?
Everything comes from China nowadays so it wouldn't surprise me. Mine are a cheap hollow pot metal.... I'm guessing it's some sort of pot metal, definitely not plastic whatever it is.
I’ve heard that some come plastic so I never ordered them. I do have one of these and it is light metal and works great. I prefer golf tees because they are wood and will not damage my pipe/lighter if it is in the same pocket.

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Finally grabbed one of these to be like my hero @Ruffinogold really just tired of it falling outta my pocket :lol: