Heeeellllllppppp!!!

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:49 am @rlucas i’ll do you one better. Toss that pipe and i’ll send you a few. Shoot me your address in a PM
I appreciate the offer. I have more pipes. I was really liking that pipe. I may break out the dremel and see if I fix it.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
nimazparsa

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:49 am @rlucas i’ll do you one better. Toss that pipe and i’ll send you a few. Shoot me your address in a PM
Oh my goodness!

Please send me one, I am on the other side of the world :thumbs:
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

nimazparsa wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:17 pm
Oh my goodness!

Shipping to iran huh? Thats a new one. Is it allowed to import tobacco products?
nimazparsa

ImageImage
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:35 pm
Oh my goodness!

Shipping to iran huh? Thats a new one. Is it allowed to import tobacco products?
9 years ago, Joyal Taylor sent me Dr. Grabow pipe from US. It wasnt any problem, but tobaccoes, I guess it is not possible.
If you remember him, he was the Dentist with the hobby of repairing old pipes and give aways.
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

nimazparsa wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:41 pm ImageImage
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:35 pm

Oh my goodness!

9 years ago, Joyal Taylor sent me Dr. Grabow pipe from US. It wasnt any problem, but tobaccoes, I guess it is not possible.
If you remember him, he was the Dentist with the hobby of repairing old pipes and give aways.
That is a new photo of an old postmark. Have you gotten anything recently? I am asking out of curiosity. I have never mailed anything to Iran, until now, nor have I gotten mail from there.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I did get a package from Pakistan once. I know it sounds like I am being funny but I am not. I happen to be thinking of it for reasons that should be apparent above. The mailman thought it was funny that I was getting a package from Pakistan. It is the only one I ever got. The contents were wrapped in newsprint. It is always very interesting to read newspapers from other parts of the world.
Last edited by Citizen B on Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:05 pm I did get a package from Pakistan once. I know it sounds like I am being funny but I am not. I happen to be thinking of it reasons that should be apparent above. The mailman thought it was funny that I was getting a package from Pakistan. It is the only one I ever got. The contents were wrapped in newsprint. It is always very interesting to read newspapers from other parts of the world.
Ill have to admit that if I got a news paper from Pakistan , that Id have to just look at the pictures :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:09 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:05 pm I did get a package from Pakistan once. I know it sounds like I am being funny but I am not. I happen to be thinking of it reasons that should be apparent above. The mailman thought it was funny that I was getting a package from Pakistan. It is the only one I ever got. The contents were wrapped in newsprint. It is always very interesting to read newspapers from other parts of the world.
Ill have to admit that if I got a news paper from Pakistan , that Id have to just look at the pictures :lol:
They speak English there, too. It was part of the British Empire. The other official language is Urdu. I got an paper written in English. The editorial pages were full of anti-American screeds. This was in the early 1990s. It was interesting to see the point of view from the other side of the world.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
HSigurdsson

Ive repaired a couple pipes the way @nimazparsa mentioned but with different materials.
Find a tube of some sort that fits in both ends to replace the tenon. This will take a bit of work but very doable. Id do it to any pipe just for the fun and experience. If its a sentimental pipe, id send to a professional maybe.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

HSigurdsson wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:05 pm Ive repaired a couple pipes the way @nimazparsa mentioned but with different materials.
Find a tube of some sort that fits in both ends to replace the tenon. This will take a bit of work but very doable. Id do it to any pipe just for the fun and experience. If its a sentimental pipe, id send to a professional maybe.
I'm going to try to fix it myself. Sending it somewhere will cost more than what I paid for it.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.