Wizdom of Tars Tarkas

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I had or have all the marvel John Carter comics . I think it had maybe 30 issues and was the last comic I bought and collected. It was a good read and Marvel did a good job . I cant remember , in the marvel comics , whether they eluded to him being immortal . Ill have to check if I still have them or if they were sold when I sold most of my collection back in the 90's [ which pains me to remember ]
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:41 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:02 am
I don't know how many there were, but read several of the books when I was 10 or so.
I liked Doc Savage best though.
I've read a few but the Man of Bronze and his crew never appealed to me.

G-8 and his Battle Aces, though. I find those stories riveting.

These reprints are the best $9.95 you will ever spend in the best pulp tradition. WWI zombies! The Cave Man Patrol! The Gorilla Staffel! What's not to like? https://adventurehouse.com/shop/product ... e-aces-ah/
That was the 10 year old me. I doubt I would like them now.
I bet I would like to read Tarzan again.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:03 pm
I tried to reread the first Tarzan book, "Tarzan of the Apes," in my forties and it was a slog. I don't think I made it halfway through.

That said, I don't mind revisiting the literature I enjoyed as a youth. I enjoy rereading the Dick and Jane books. The only thing that would make them better is if Tars Tarkas showed up.

Tars Tarkas can play.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Cap has always had his shit together . Hell , he even did a decent job when he was on crack/ ice for like 4 issues

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

For you Edgar Rice Burroughs / John Carter fans who lean towards the techy side of reading, here's a link to some of his work in various downloadable formats

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/48
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ric03

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:54 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:03 pm
I tried to reread the first Tarzan book, "Tarzan of the Apes," in my forties and it was a slog. I don't think I made it halfway through.

That said, I don't mind revisiting the literature I enjoyed as a youth. I enjoy rereading the Dick and Jane books. The only thing that would make them better is if Tars Tarkas showed up.

Tars Tarkas can play.
I re read some of my old beloved Willard Price books around 40. Must be a phase you go through at that age. I still read and enjoy my old Asterix books from time to time.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I’ve never heard of her.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:38 pm For you Edgar Rice Burroughs / John Carter fans who lean towards the techy side of reading, here's a link to some of his work in various downloadable formats

Thats a cool link :thumbs:

ERB's novel ... The Mucker is one of his best , its a little gritty and more realistic than Mars ,Tarzan and the land that time forgot etc
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:57 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:38 pm For you Edgar Rice Burroughs / John Carter fans who lean towards the techy side of reading, here's a link to some of his work in various downloadable formats

Thats a cool link :thumbs:

ERB's novel ... The Mucker is one of his best , its a little gritty and more realistic than Mars ,Tarzan and the land that time forgot etc
There's a ton of content on that site for the mildly tech savvy reader
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin