New Pocket Pistol

Whalehead King

Once upon a time, KK and WK played cards. KK never had to fire a shot.

I'll never accuse KK of cheating ever again. He's an honest man.
CoreyR
Founding Member

I live in Virginia and we have both open carry, no permit needed, and concealed carry, with a permit. Our violent crime rates dropped like a stone when we went from be a "may issue" state to being a "shall issue" one. The only places we ow have to worry about are in "gun free zones." For some odd reason, criminal seem to ignore those "gun free" signs and do what they want in those!
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:37 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm I walked into a place that sells these little jewels and, for about what I’d pay for five pounds of Sutliff Virginia Slices, I walked out with one. I haven’t had a .380 for a long time and decided I needed it. It slips easily into my front pocket, shirt or pants.

I had a Colt Mustang .380 way back when but sold it when I wanted something else. Anyway, it’s a Ruger LCP, .380, 6+1. Duh.

Every time I buy five pounds of tobacco or a pistol I’m reminded how glad I am to live in the Good Ol’ USA and not Australia or somewhere! :lol:

I can't imagine living in a State where you can actually walk around wearing a holster on your hip like a Cowboy. That would never happen in NJ. We are more concerned about recreational weed and sanctuary.
We can carry open here in Alabama, but I rarely see it done. I personally think that it makes anyone open carrying an early target. For some reason open carry was never illegal here as there wasn't a law in the books one way or the other. Back in the 80's our AG wrote an opinion that since it wasn't illegal then it must be legal, but still people were occasionally arrested for it. Fast forward a few years and a law was passed putting it in B&W that open carrying was indeed legal. I rarely carry myself, but when I do it's concealed.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Here in Tn, you have to have a concealed carry permit to carry at all. But, we can keep a loaded pistol in the glove box... on college campuses too. We also have a really neat law now that states the only places you cannot carry a firearm are places that have the 4” no gun sign posted with the law underneath it at every common entrance. If a place don’t have those, they cannot ask you to leave or remove your sidearm.
I was driving through Al to get to Ms. had to open carry in Al, but Ms has constitutional carry. I prefer concealed carry, but living where I do, everyone carries open. The methheads WILL NOT bother anyone who visibly carries a firearm.

To the point, I like that little pistol KK. I’d gladly carry it during the summer. I carry 9mm because I shoot it fast and flat, but I also shoot a .380 fast and flat.
Bamarick

Wildcrow wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 pm
I was driving through Al to get to Ms. had to open carry in Al.
If I'm not too bad wrong we good law abiding folks in AL recognize your TN concealed carry permit.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
CoreyR
Founding Member

All of this discussion just makes me think, we really NEED national reciprocity on carry permits.
slowroll
Founding Member

CoreyR wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am All of this discussion just makes me think, we really NEED national reciprocity on carry permits.
Yep, reminds me of the time I drove into New Jersey to visit a friend and remembered I had my pistol in my truck. Turned around and went back to PA before the VOPOs stopped me for something .
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Bamarick wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 am
Wildcrow wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 pm
I was driving through Al to get to Ms. had to open carry in Al.
If I'm not too bad wrong we good law abiding folks in AL recognize your TN concealed carry permit.
Si. I dont have my c c permit. I should have said "I was able to carry..." I can't justify getting one right now. I dont know how much longer I'll be in Tn.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

CoreyR wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am All of this discussion just makes me think, we really NEED national reciprocity on carry permits.
Agreed. I have my Oregon CC, but since Oregon is a jerk and refuses to honor other state's permits, we have to get a non-resident Utah permit to really travel much.
I can't go into California or Washington with my permit, but I can go into Idaho. Lets see the logic there.. crime in Washington and California are higher.. Idaho lower.. so the place I'd actually need to protect myself is a no go. Seems logical to me :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Bigflo

That’s a nice ride I’ve never owned a 380 but they are handy. I carry a Glock 22 now but I carry a small messenger bag that the Glock fits in perfectly