Guns and cast iron skillets.

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
steamboat

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
I thought Moxie was a new hipster soda, had no idea it was around back in the day
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

steamboat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
I thought Moxie was a new hipster soda, had no idea it was around back in the day
it is such a Maine tradition that it is mentioned in Stuart Little.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I lived in New Jersey from 1965 to 1969 so I get NJ tough guy cred. Fuggedaboutit!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

I’ve never been to Maine and have never met anyone from there, however, about a year ago I did meet someone from Rhode Island. He seemed normal.
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

You can take a boy out of Maine, but you can't take Maine out of a man. There is something about Maine that sticks with a person and makes them better in the end. :king:
Whalehead King

steamboat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm I thought Moxie was a new hipster soda, had no idea it was around back in the day
Ted Williams drank it. I drink it when I can find it, which isn't often outside of New England. Moxie has been an honest soft drink that used to be more popular than Coca-Cola.... then people lost their tastebuds and the whole world went to hell in a hand basket.

Now I'm going to log off and sing our family's song.

It's swell.
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 pm I’ve never been to Maine and have never met anyone from there, however, about a year ago I did meet someone from Rhode Island. He seemed normal.
Were you drunk at the time?
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 pm
avid wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 pm I’ve never been to Maine and have never met anyone from there, however, about a year ago I did meet someone from Rhode Island. He seemed normal.
Were you drunk at the time?
LOL!
insufferable filter guy
Bamarick

steamboat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:46 pm Moxie!!! how did you know about that!. I never even heard of that stuff,
Heck I know about Moxie here in Podunk Junction AL :roll: I bought a bottle once at the local Cracker Barrel. Please note that I said "once" cause that was enough for me :oops:
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!