ImageImage
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Looks like a great time!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Very cool, @Piping Abe! Seems like you're a born cigar roller!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:24 pm Image
That's just goofy.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This didn't actually happen today but I am re-reading some old things. This happened right before 2024, on New Year's Eve. As we all know, I delight myself. Good memories....

A Welshwoman showed up.

It is very rare that I am ever out-Kinged, but, I was out-Kinged today. I was out-Kinged in spades and I was dressed for my A-game. A rare bird landed in the room. I could not take my eyes off her. It is very rare for me to be out-Kinged. I was out-Kinged. What a glorious peacock! She was a beautiful thing to behold.

I tried to read the Wall Street Journal. I was reading this review of a biography of Jones Very, but, man, I will tell you—I could not help but keep looking up. My eyes wanted candy.

It is not just what you do, it is the way that you do it that gets results. This lady has the chops. I can recognize quality when I see it. This lady was the real deal. This lady is the real deal. This lady was the real deal. She really is.

I could not take it anymore. Professional courtesies were due. I stood up and made my way to her, as a gentleman should.

“It is very rare for me to rouse myself to compliment someone else,” I said, “but, I have to tell you that you are the best-dressed person in this room and I want to tip my fedora in your direction, madam. You deserve it. Well played. Very, very well played.”

Then, I tipped my fedora with a bow from the waist. This formal recognition of a job well done deserved formality.

“Thank you, Mr. King. Coming from you, that means a lot,” she said.

I went back to my seat and we toasted each other from opposite sides of the bar.

Some people do not photograph well, even when their hair is full of peacock plumes

---She was one heck of a Welshwoman. She was kind of ugly but that part of her was only skin deep.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

May take part of the day off...take in a bookstore...have some lunch somewhere.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ric03

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:08 am May take part of the day off...take in a bookstore...have some lunch somewhere.
Sounds like a good plan @MikeDennison :buddy:
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’m home now. Had to take off the toilet again as there were 3 hot wheels in it the day after we left. Luckily we have another bathroom.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations