What Are You Watching

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Dune...the recent version. Meh.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:18 am Dune...the recent version. Meh.
Well, it wasn't really that bad.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
apprenticeldr

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:18 am
Riff89 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 pm The wife and I just finished 11/22/63 on Hulu. It sucked. I read the book so it was totally ruined for me. The wife thought it was pretty good but It was not as good as the book.
That's usually my experience. I read Micheal Crichton's "Sphere" really liked it. When the movie came out, it sucked. Movies are never as good...can't be.
Arguably, The Green Mile and The Godfather came close to out-doing the book. There are others I can think of as well. But, generally, I agree that movies are rarely as good.
Quando omni flunkus moritati. :D
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

When I was at the movies the other day, I saw that part II is coming out soon. Would you go to the movies to see part II?

I have nothing against the books but I am not terribly interested in seeing a movie about them.

Please advise.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I should say that I went to see American Fiction the other day at the movies with a friend. I think it is a very smart movie. My friend and I are at the opposite ends of the spectrum in every sense of the term, but we laughed and laughed at the movie at the same jokes for the same reasons. The film is a serious joke. I am going to see it again later this week with someone who is the opposite of my other friend. I am triangulating reactions.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:22 pm
When I was at the movies the other day, I saw that part II is coming out soon. Would you go to the movies to see part II?

I have nothing against the books but I am not terribly interested in seeing a movie about them.

Please advise.
I don't think so. I mean, "Dune" was beautiful to the eye, certainly. But I don't think I'd actually pay money to see the sequel. But that's just me. If you saw the first one, you might enjoy the second!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The Incredible Mr. Limpet. I am watching the full movie on YouTube with ads. It is not going well. I dislike the ads.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:48 pm The Incredible Mr. Limpet. I am watching the full movie on YouTube with ads. It is not going well. I dislike the ads.
Youtube has recently increased to more ads and ad time.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
montag

Watching Sideways

Tsal
Forum Decorum

montag wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 pm Watching Sideways

Awesome movie! I've seen this one a hundred times and it's still hilarious.
The Troll Whisperer