Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This blend was the most sold English style in my shop by a light year . I smoke very few English styled blends mainly because the ones I do smoke are so good that the others are shit [ in my mind at least ]

PS EOS is a genius blend , it truly is . For any of you guys that enjoy an English blend , I challenge you to find a cooler English ... and a smoother English . Now , I dont smoke many of this style but i have tried many many of them and if you find one cooler and smoother , and Franky more delicious , please let me know

" Peter Stokkebye's classic blend, English Oriental Supreme, brings together the finest mellow Georgian Virginias, black cavendish, Mexican burleys and Cyprus Latakia, while evoking an exotic flair uniquely its own."

Usually blend descriptions are pretty much bullshit and some are absolute bullshit . This ^^^^^ is the absolute truth . There is no other English like it and its not a crossover , so dont think its that , its not . The way the cavendish and burley is deployed is what gives this blend its uniqueness without any weird side effect

EOS is a pure joy to smoke , it really is . If you havent tried it , I'd suggest it in a big way .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've never been much of an English smoker, either. But I second your motion re EOS. I like it.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

EOS has caught my attention a lot over the years and I still haven't tried it. Nowadays I like things really stout so I don't think it would be quite enough for me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I think I would like this blend. But I have no reason to try it. English blends just overpower my taste with Latakia.

I really thought I had it figured out and that I didn’t like Latakia. But then I found American English blends. Latakia is a backround/body component. It works so well as the supporting player to cigar leaf and Burley.

Now while I always enjoy an English blend when I smoke it, I have no desire for more after that bowl. Recently just tried Dunhill London Mixture, fantastic blend. Wonderful. But one or two bowls was enough for me.

I hope to try EOS one day because of its reputation, but i’ll never buy it.

One last point: A Blenders job is to make the blend taste the same year after year with organic/changing leaf. If this blend still taste the same after all those years, they succeded. That is remarkable.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Abe , I think you might like this . I dont think the lat will do that to you , though it might. Its so worth a try . I'm going to FL soon and I'll keep in touch each way and I'll save some fir you to try .
I'm in the American English camp big time also and ths blend, if it jells with you , is smoother and cooler than any American English I've tred , though I don't consider it an American English. It's its own thing in a way
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It's been the same since it was sold under the World Tobac brand distributed by Hollco Rhorr back before you were even a sperm :lol: :lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Abe , I found it o Ill bring it next trip
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:11 pm Abe , I found it o Ill bring it next trip
Looking forward to it!
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations