The big cheap bottles of bourbon

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Hey Ruff I was doing a quick search for old Barton and stumbled across Ancient Age. Ever tried it? Super cost effective and comes out of the Buffalo Trace distillery. It's on my radar, surprised I never grabbed any before
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:33 pm Hey Ruff I was doing a quick search for old Barton and stumbled across Ancient Age. Ever tried it? Super cost effective and comes out of the Buffalo Trace distillery. It's on my radar, surprised I never grabbed any before
Its good . It has a quick finish . One of the things I like about the Barton is the longer finish .Really , Ancient Age is a straight forward bourbon . Its good

Its one I have in the small bottles [ I call them flask size ] for the bar . To meet the " bar requirement " these flask sizes have to be in glass , not for any reason other than I have them there for variety . I figure I dont know what people like until I have a drink with them and I want to be able to offer a number of whiskies . I want it to pour out of glass is all because it feels right . The bar is going slow , btw .. lol .

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

I had a bottle of AA awhile back, and thought it was okay, but it didn't really grab me; I haven't bought another bottle since.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:49 am I had a bottle of AA awhile back, and thought it was okay, but it didn't really grab me; I haven't bought another bottle since.
The Ancient Ancient Age 10 star is really really good and isnt pricey at all . After I get half way into a bottle of wild turkey 101 , Ill go snag another 10 star because it was wonderful
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:10 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:49 am I had a bottle of AA awhile back, and thought it was okay, but it didn't really grab me; I haven't bought another bottle since.
The Ancient Ancient Age 10 star is really really good and isnt pricey at all . After I get half way into a bottle of wild turkey 101 , Ill go snag another 10 star because it was wonderful
I would like to try some Ancient Ancient Age, but it's hard to find around these parts.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪