Clove Cigarettes

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Nope never had
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Puff nstuff

Clove cigs were the gateway to tobacco smoking for me at age 17. Back in the day I tried them all, and really liked a couple of brands in particular for their strong, sweet taste. Sampoerna, Djarum special unfiltered (in the tin), and Krakatoa were my favorites. When I started going to tobacco shops to buy them I became more curious about pipe tobacco and RYO and started experimenting with them. In college it was cloves and Drum, mostly, and sometimes Gitanes. When I moved to Mexico and couldn't find kreteks I would sometimes chop up cloves and add them to my RYO cigs.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:07 pm clove cigarettes are fantastic but they literally make your lungs bleed and must be enjoyed in severe moderation
No kidding ?! I guess smoking clove isnt like tobacco . There must be something evil in the clove when smoked
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
montag

I had a Djarum cigarillo this morning with a cup of Newmans coffee.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:02 pm
sisyphus wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:07 pm clove cigarettes are fantastic but they literally make your lungs bleed and must be enjoyed in severe moderation
No kidding ?! I guess smoking clove isnt like tobacco . There must be something evil in the clove when smoked
I believe they soak the tobacco in clove oil. I think it is low-grade Indian or Indonesian tobacco, not Virginia or St. James Parish perique. I think they started soaking (topping) the cigarette tobacco in clove oil to cover the bad taste of the inferior tobacco. The way people in Europe liked to spike their spoiled hams with cloves to cover the off taste of their off ham.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:51 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:02 pm
I believe they soak the tobacco in clove oil. I think it is low-grade Indian or Indonesian tobacco, not Virginia or St. James Parish perique. I think they started soaking (topping) the cigarette tobacco in clove oil to cover the bad taste of the inferior tobacco. The way people in Europe liked to spike their spoiled hams with cloves to cover the off taste of their off ham.
:)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.