Got any of your original pipes ?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If youre like me , youve gone through collections over the years . My first collection took 10 years to get to , about , and it wasnt many pipes .So , today I was in the mood to smoke my old Kaywoodie Prince , which was in my first collection and I smoke it every so often but not much . I bit through it and " reformed " it a long time ago and it feels weird so I do smoke it often and its kind of retired , though it smokes great . I just dont like clenching it so much .
Anyway , I have that one [ above cob ] and I have a Kaywoodie Campus [ top ] . Of course its bit through too . Then my Kaywoodie Flame Grain [ perfect pipe , I call it ] . Its in excellent shape and is one of the best pipes Ive ever owned . Then theres the Pipe Den Poker . Pretty sure I picked that up at a Tinderbox or a place in the mall . Bit through that one too
Still got my first pipe , the Tugboat Italy blasted bent . Bit a piece of it also , of course ... frigging vulcanite , I swear

The last pipe in the little cob . Im not sure if thats the one I originally got or if its one super similar . Its a Beuchers brand cob and I think they quit making pipes before I started smoking , so its either not my original , or it is an I bought a new old stock in Hackettstown NJ , which I guess is possible . Either way , its essentially the same pipe . I didn't care for the cob so much for a long time when I was young and I dont remember why

I think I had around a dozen in the original collection , so that was 1.2 pipes a year over a decade . I call it the original collection because it wasnt a collection , more just what I got over that first decade . After that , I focused on certain things or brands . The second collection contained a good number of Edwards pipes because I had gotten to the Tampa / Lakeland are of Florida when I was 22 or so and their shops were IT . Their pipes are under rated to say the least . I sold off mine because my shop was competing with them in Tampa and I didnt want to be seen smoking an Edwards . Lol , my last hold out was teh most awesome Canadian and teh shank was carved like bamboo ... it was amazing and the last Edwards to go

Anyway , Im rambling . I was surprised I have 6 pipes that go way back . I dont recall where I was buying the Kaywoodies but it was a different place than where I bought the Tug Boat pipe and it was some years later . Man , its a trip when you search for a memory and its not there . In a way , I wish the internet started sooner because pipes would have been something I would have discussed with pele and it would have made it easier to remember things about them from talking about them . The reality was , at least in my world , I didnt talk pipes with people till the Edwards shops and usually when I did it was about shapes mostly . Im guessing

So , Ive got 5 or 6 . You got any of your originals ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I love seeing those stems all chewed to crap man. That really shows you enjoyed those pipes. And they all have a story. I mean, just think about the stuff that was going on back then in your life when you were smoking them. Thats a great way to reflect.

I have a bunch of my originals. I’ll get them out for a picture soon. There is only 1 I regret getting rid of because my son grabbed that pipe and held it as a baby and I snapped a photo. My Wife asked me where that pipe was and sadly I sold it. Would of been cool to still have it. It looked really nice too. But it gurgled for me. Was probably my fault back then.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:15 pm I love seeing those stems all chewed to crap man. That really shows you enjoyed those pipes. And they all have a story. I mean, just think about the stuff that was going on back then in your life when you were smoking them. Thats a great way to reflect.

I have a bunch of my originals. I’ll get them out for a picture soon. There is only 1 I regret getting rid of because my son grabbed that pipe and held it as a baby and I snapped a photo. My Wife asked me where that pipe was and sadly I sold it. Would of been cool to still have it. It looked really nice too. But it gurgled for me. Was probably my fault back then.
I have a large bag full of chewed up and broken stemmed pipes , unfortunately . When I got the first small batch of my Uncles pipes , that he gave me , he also reworked chewed stems .I think Ill dig out his old GBD Prehistoric that he reworked and smoke that next before bed . Im tempted to send them off for new stems but they were kinda earned and its not like I dont have a crap ton of pipes to smoke ... so I just let them be and smoke them very occasionally
simplepipes
Codger in Training

I have a pair of Falcons my pipe-smoking Uncle gave to me for my High School Graduation some 52 years past.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have a couple of them. One was the LL Bean billiard my girlfriend (now wife) gave me in 1978.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Puff nstuff

I still have my first two pipes, a Barling and a Savanelli. I bought them both back in '80s at shopping mall tobacco shops and still use them to this day.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
HSigurdsson

Ive only been smoking a pipe sinse about 2006.
So, I have almost all my original pipes.
Thats how I ended up with over 100 of them.
I have sold a few and lost one to a cow incident, but other than that Ive got them all.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:03 pm Ive only been smoking a pipe sinse about 2006.
I have sold a few and lost one to a cow incident, but other than that Ive got them all.
Ok, we gotta hear about the great Pipe Smoking Cow Incident of 2009. Or 1912. Or whenever. Thats gotta be good
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:03 pm Ive only been smoking a pipe sinse about 2006.
Lol
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 am I still have my first two pipes, a Barling and a Savanelli. I bought them both back in '80s at shopping mall tobacco shops and still use them to this day.
Tinderbox ?