Smoking Oasis

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im planting tomatoes tomorrow , if I can find the variety I want today
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
montag

Today we planted the Hibiscus, Rosemary, Zinnia, Springer fern, Verbena, Lantana, and Calibrachoa.

Picture is a new set of rose blooms.

montag

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm Im planting tomatoes tomorrow , if I can find the variety I want today
@Ruffinogold what’s your variety of choice? I typically plant tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro so I can make pico de gallo fresh from the garden.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

montag wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm Im planting tomatoes tomorrow , if I can find the variety I want today
@Ruffinogold what’s your variety of choice? I typically plant tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro so I can make pico de gallo fresh from the garden.
Man , i havent found them in the last few days which is kinda bumming me out .

Generally , I grow Mortgage Lifer , German Pink and a Roma . I tried some San Marzano seeds from Italy , I think 3 years ago , and they didnt do great here in the Ga mountains . I usually try one variety a year to check out , ya know . I grew 4th of July , Celebrity , Rutgers , Better boy [ or whatever thats called ] and a few others .. but just once . Im pretty stuck on the first three I mentioned

I grow Rosemary and need to restart ... this last winter got my large bush that I had for a good while , so that was a bummer . I didnt see the weather coming like an idiot , so my bad
I also grow summer and winter squash . I prefer Acorn [ Table King ] and a Yellow straight [ Saffron ]
I suck at growing Cantaloupe but Ill give it a go here and there . Suck at Watermelon too [ Georgia Rattlesnake ] . I do ok with Pumpkin but not great [ Jack O Lantern ]

This season , Ill just do the Tomatoes if I can find them , if not I guess Ill do new varieties but Im not excited about that too much
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.