What's Going on With the Gawith Hoggarth & Co?

unregistered1

Anyone knows why there is this generalized shortage with this brand? Ennerdale, Rum and Best Brown # 2 are favorites of mine.
I have never seen this happening to such an extent and for so long.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Keeping in mind that the internet is an extremely unreliable source of info - I've read A couple difference places that they apparently had some sort of production issue(perhaps ongoing?). I've also read that the stateside distributors haven't been making their orders on time, and they don't keep much of a backstock of pre-packaged tobacco so it's setting things back even further, since they have to basically produce to order. Then even further, they have apparently changed all their labeling.
I am not sure which one of these is true, or perhaps all of them are a contributing factor. I've been tempted to just send them an e-mail and get it straight from the horse's mouth.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I was gonna say that the hype caught up with and then passed supply, but H's answer is good too.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 pm I was gonna say that the hype caught up with and then passed supply, but H's answer is good too.
This, to me, is probably the most plausible answer.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Don't believe the hype!
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

The same sort of thing happened with Esoterica and Germain.

Penzance and Special Latakia Flake were both highly praised and before you knew it, all blends in their lineups were sold out and are perpetually out of stock.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Islayphile wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 pm The same sort of thing happened with Esoterica and Germain.

Penzance and Special Latakia Flake were both highly praised and before you knew it, all blends in their lineups were sold out and are perpetually out of stock.
Unfortunately the fact is that this is a far better fate than the alternative. Remember not even a year ago when McClelland and Dunhill were on top? Hedge your bets.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I need to grow out a thin shaggy lookin' beard, get some hipster clothes like the kids do these days. I could start a Youtube channel called "Contemplative Piper" where I speak without contractions, and gush over blends I actually hate as being complex and nuanced, with synergistic incense qualities.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 pm
Islayphile wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 pm The same sort of thing happened with Esoterica and Germain.

Unfortunately the fact is that this is a far better fate than the alternative. Remember not even a year ago when McClelland and Dunhill were on top? Hedge your bets.
Yes, sadly you are correct.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 pm I need to grow out a thin shaggy lookin' beard, get some hipster clothes like the kids do these days. I could start a Youtube channel called "Contemplative Piper" where I speak without contractions, and gush over blends I actually hate as being complex and nuanced, with synergistic incense qualities.
This is a thing? I don't youtube/myspace/whatever so I'm out of the loop. Maybe I'll start one, but in real life I speak mostly with contractions and don't use pronouns other than to initiate a change in subject. Also I don't show up on film.