What's Going on With the Gawith Hoggarth & Co?

unregistered1

It could be the labelling changes but I have a hard time understanding why things were not planned to allow the new tins to hit the market without such a long hiatus.
SG & HG have merged more than 3, if not 4 years ago, so I don't see this as an issue - unless something sinister is at work which would be unlikely as the UK does not seem to experience supply issues on GH and SG.
Mass purchases from pipesters? Gee, some have lots of money.
I am starting to think there could be some disagreements with the current US distributor regarding the contract renewal which has forced GH to seek a new distributor. That happened with both Dunhill and SG about 8 or 9 years ago, if memory serves. Supply had been disrupted for over a year.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:42 am Drugstore Burley though, that's always here...
It is a good thing I like it.
As I read @Theloinous monkfish post, I thought "Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!"
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Lord Guyrox wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 am It could be the labelling changes but I have a hard time understanding why things were not planned to allow the new tins to hit the market without such a long hiatus.
SG & HG have merged more than 3, if not 4 years ago, so I don't see this as an issue - unless something sinister is at work which would be unlikely as the UK does not seem to experience supply issues on GH and SG.
Mass purchases from pipesters? Gee, some have lots of money.
I am starting to think there could be some disagreements with the current US distributor regarding the contract renewal which has forced GH to seek a new distributor. That happened with both Dunhill and SG about 8 or 9 years ago, if memory serves. Supply had been disrupted for over a year.
I would chalk it up to hoarders... as soon as they get their email in stock notifications they act fast not to loose the opportunity.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:42 am Drugstore Burley though, that's always here...
Me too. It's nice to have the fancy stuff on hand but in general I just like to smoke.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 pm
Me too. It's nice to have the fancy stuff on hand but in general I just like to smoke.
Exactly. I've been lucky enough to build up some of the fancy pants stuff but I'm just as happy with a cheap and simple blend
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Exactly. I've been lucky enough to build up some of the fancy pants stuff but I'm just as happy with a cheap and simple blend
I like both equally, just depends on mood, and availability/cost. If I were smarter I would just have a nice cob or two and a garage bursting with tubs of CH and PA.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:39 pm

I like both equally, just depends on mood, and availability/cost. If I were smarter I would just have a nice cob or two and a garage bursting with tubs of CH and PA.
As soon as I burn through my current supply of tobacco which isn't much , I'm just buying pouch/tub blends. I've spent a fortune over the last few years on imported tobacco and I'm really not that interested to keep trying new stuff or pay premium prices. Back to the basics...
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:39 pm

As soon as I burn through my current supply of tobacco which isn't much , I'm just buying pouch/tub blends. I've spent a fortune over the last few years on imported tobacco and I'm really not that interested to keep trying new stuff or pay premium prices. Back to the basics...
Some solid thinking in my opinion! Anyone who sees what I smoke day to day has figured out that I'm equally content with euro unobtainium or dime store pouches. I just like tobacco
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Smart. I won't pay premium prices but biding my time for the prime intersection of coupons, codes, sales, and available product becomes more difficult. I don't see myself getting 500g of Ennerdale for thirty bucks too easily anymore. This allowed me to enjoy both equally, outside of SPRT any pound/500g was $23-35. No pedestals or special blends, why have something I don't want to smoke but do? Creating conflict is not conducive to relaxation. I am torn on smoking my remaining McClelland stuff however but I bought it before the closing so it wasn't planned, would have more otherwise.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm
Smart. I won't pay premium prices but biding my time for the prime intersection of coupons, codes, sales, and available product becomes more difficult. I don't see myself getting 500g of Ennerdale for thirty bucks too easily anymore. This allowed me to enjoy both equally, outside of SPRT any pound/500g was $23-35. No pedestals or special blends, why have something I don't want to smoke but do? Creating conflict is not conducive to relaxation. I am torn on smoking my remaining McClelland stuff however but I bought it before the closing so it wasn't planned, would have more otherwise.
I say no better time like the present to start smoking your McClellan stuff. If you like the tobacco and have a lot of it why not enjoy some today? Carpe Diem
The Troll Whisperer