Gaslight help please

Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Grettman wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm :mrgreen: In this context I will assume option #1 !
Never assume anything
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I'm assuming rub out has a sexual connotation ?! Ive never heard of such a thing ... I'll have to look it up

I get depressed when i read about plugs . I miss Warrior plug and Mick McQuaid plug

Anyway , I would cut thin and break it up a bit and stick it in there and have at it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm I would cut thin and break it up a bit and stick it in there and have at it
Do you happen to like Huey Lewis and the News?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm
Grettman wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:24 pm Okay follow-up question:

What exactly does rub out mean?

I assume it means to use your fingers and rub the tobacco until small flakes are left... do I have this right?

Any advice on run out?
I will just take the chunk I cut and sort of wad it up in the palm of my hand. I rub the 'baccy-wad in a circular motion and let the bits fall out between my hands on to some sort of plate or mat.
This is my method, but I leave it in my palm so I can codger scoop it from there. I rub that wad between my palms to break it up. The goal is to turn it into mostly ribbon.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Middle Earth

"The goal is to turn it into mostly ribbon."

That is my goal
Grettman

I just wanted to let all who helped that I tried the advice given and I just finished a GREAT tasting smoke of Gaslight!!! Thank u! Great group of folks! I need more tins...
oubobcat

I would like to recommend another "English/Balkan" blend, that being Kramer's Father Dempsey.
It has the added benefit in my view that it is available in bulk from Smoking Pipes for a very reasonable price...
less than $6 for 2 oz.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by ... _id=213755
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey