Grits
Wooda
Founding Member

Acetone. It's all marketing.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
leacha
Founding Member

Maybe when it's hot out you'll smell like popcorn?
Andrew Image
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Well , it should smell like some burning SWR :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
kb7get
Founding Member

I had or still have one. Might be buried in a box some place around here from 40+ years ago. Nothing to write home about on its smell. Typical Avon product.
John

kb7get wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:52 pm I had or still have one. Might be buried in a box some place around here from 40+ years ago. Nothing to write home about on its smell. Typical Avon product.
If it ages like tobacco, you're in luck!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

My Grandma and my Mom both sold Avon back in the early to mid 70's and we have a nice little collection of bottles, here's a few examples (pardon the dust, they've been in a box for years). They were usually filled with "Wild Country" after shave which had a pretty nice, sweet spicy scent but I don't think that Avon has made things like these in decades! It looks like a cool collectible that's been stored amazingly well but I'd be leery of the contents, probably rancid. ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

My grandmother was big into Avon (as a customer) so she had probably a hundred of their classic cologne bottles. I would have taken them all but I usually flew in for visits and couldn't carry so much on the return trip. Upon her passing, I was able to acquire three or four of her pipe shape bottles. They were buried in the move, but I will take pics when they resurface.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Couldn't find my elusive bottles in the moving boxes last night, so I found pictures on the 'bay of those Avon pipes my Grandma had. According to the 'bay these are 1970's era products, so I was just a little fella when she bought these. She had probably a hundred bottles in the garage so Grandpa either wore a lot of cologne back then, or he dumped a lot when Grandma wasn't looking. LOL Anyway, I kept them on a shelf in my garage up until we moved late last year. They sat right above the workbench I use to restore pipes. Needless to say, they brought back a lot of good memories of Grandma and Grandpa who are both gone now.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?