What Are You Smoking January 2019

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Good morning, smoking Cannon plug in a English made Kapet 999 and drinking my cafè Bustelo as I sit in wonderful Newark.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Oriental Dusk in a Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Ennerdale Flake mixed w / Three Sails . . . Falcon w / Algiers Bowl . . . Pot of Yorkshire Gold.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

PS Cube Cut in a Grand Duke

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:23 pm My stomach is lined with 8 stuffed shells on a bed of bolognese sauce and m'lady almost had to wheel out to the front porch, smoking Sutliff's Mixture No.79 in the FT zip and drinking a Café Bustelo.
I am glad the meer is still getting smoke time. Did you re-up on the Hazmat thing? You may have said and I just missed it.
I smoke the zip at least once a week and it's Harrison's favorite out of all my pipe's. He says it looks like a marble. Yes, I'm good on the Hazmat for another 3 years, We rarely move hazardous material and I'm the only driver other than my boss that has the endorsement and a TWIC(access to Ports)card.
Having those endorsements never hurts. I have always recommended licensing of one kind or another to young people. It is not always the ticket to a job, but it never looks bad on a resume - even in an unrelated field. My father was a lawyer before he went to seminary, and he was licensed to practice law before the US Supreme Court. He was the only one in the practice with this license, and he never actually presented a case there. It was still one of those things that is nice to have in inventory.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Doctor Willet

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:17 am Picayune has just the right amount of nicotine for me, I like it!
I'm a fan. It has a really nice flavor profile; fairly complex, and a real nice dash of Perique. I also like the cut. That said, the nicotine level is just a tad above what I'm comfortable with smoking during the day, or in my bigger pipes. For me, Picayune is best saved for a small pipe after a big dinner. All the same, great stuff. Father Tom sent me some to - enough to really get into it - and I'm very glad he did!
And miles to go before I sleep.
Grimpeur

Sutliff's Field and Stream match in a cob.
Doctor Willet

simplepipes wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:52 am Ennerdale Flake mixed w / Three Sails . . . Falcon w / Algiers Bowl . . . Pot of Yorkshire Gold.
That's an interesting mix. I bought way too much Ennerdale last summer, and I'm increasingly finding it a bit too sweet for my liking. I mix blends from time to time, but I've often felt like doing it with a GH blend would be blasphemy...hardly! Think I'll try experimenting with it myself. I don't have any Three Sails, but maybe some of my plain Burleys and/or Orientals will bring something new out of something old. Thanks for the inspiration!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 pm

I am glad the meer is still getting smoke time. Did you re-up on the Hazmat thing? You may have said and I just missed it.
I smoke the zip at least once a week and it's Harrison's favorite out of all my pipe's. He says it looks like a marble. Yes, I'm good on the Hazmat for another 3 years, We rarely move hazardous material and I'm the only driver other than my boss that has the endorsement and a TWIC(access to Ports)card.
Having those endorsements never hurts. I have always recommended licensing of one kind or another to young people. It is not always the ticket to a job, but it never looks bad on a resume - even in an unrelated field. My father was a lawyer before he went to seminary, and he was licensed to practice law before the US Supreme Court. He was the only one in the practice with this license, and he never actually presented a case there. It was still one of those things that is nice to have in inventory.
Did I mention that I also have endorsements for double/triples, tanker, passenger and motorcycle? And that I'm a certified equipment operator? Lol I'm ready to move anything anywhere anytime, just give me a location!
Your father was prepared to fight the fight! I'm sure every lawyer would like the chance to argue in front of SCOTUS.
The Troll Whisperer
Doctor Willet

I haven't been online much lately because of a bad case of the blues; badly missing my feline companion. I made a few comments just now, but forgot to mention what I was smoking!

GH Cherry Cream Flake - which doesn't really taste like cherries or cream, but is absolutely delicious. Using my GH-dedicated and incredibly lightweight Savinelli Venere 603. With the day off, I'm about to puff my way into Lakeland la-la land.
Hope you all are having a good morning!