What Are You Listening To? 2019

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I will follow that up with some T-Bone Walker.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Nat King Cole! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

...and Tommy Edwards! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whistlebritches

Some Chris Stapleton...……..bout the only artist left in Nashville worth listening to

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whistlebritches wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm Some Chris Stapleton...……..bout the only artist left in Nashville worth listening to

I really dig this song of his.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whistlebritches wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm Some Chris Stapleton...……..bout the only artist left in Nashville worth listening to

I've seen him twice in concert. There's definitely a presence and talent on that stage that has become rare in music as a whole, not just out of Nashville.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

If it's not obvious yet, I really, really like Texas Blues.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

I used to have a DJ girlfriend and she'd say, "This one goes out to Mr. King," whenever she played this song on the air. She's the one who introduced me to the song. I was never a big Right Said Fred fan. I do think this is the best song on the album.

She had spiky blond hair and a mouth that even when she was talking about something serious, all I could think of was kissing it. That DJ's legs did go on for miles and miles and we were both deeply dippy without making heads or tails of passion. Good days. Good nights. Heady days and heady nights that were very, very, deeply dippy. I'm not sad that I've left those days behind but they were a part of my long prologue to become the man I am today. Pleasant times in pleasant climes, if not always the best-directed or most virtuous. I'm on much sounder footing now, thanks for asking.

Sorry. You're going down my memory lane and it probably doesn't make any sense to you. For all you lovers out there who have made mistakes but don't have regrets, this one goes out for you. I know you have a few songs like this in your memory banks. Listen to them when you have a chance and wistfully smile for what was, and be thankful for what is. Everything turns out for the best.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:14 pm I used to have a DJ girlfriend and she'd say, "This one goes out to Mr. King," whenever she played this song on the air. She's the one who introduced me to the song. I was never a big Right Said Fred fan. I do think this is the best song on the album.

She had spiky blond hair and a mouth that even when she was talking about something serious, all I could think of was kissing it. That DJ's legs did go on for miles and miles and we were both deeply dippy without making heads or tails of passion. Good days. Good nights. Heady days and heady nights that were very, very, deeply dippy. I'm not sad that I've left those days behind but they were a part of my long prologue to become the man I am today. Pleasant times in pleasant climes, if not always the best-directed or most virtuous. I'm on much sounder footing now, thanks for asking.

Sorry. You're going down my memory lane and it probably doesn't make any sense to you. For all you lovers out there who have made mistakes but don't have regrets, this one goes out for you. I know you have a few songs like this in your memory banks. Listen to them when you have a chance and wistfully smile for what was, and be thankful for what is. Everything turns out for the best.

WK.. you are a kind of weird I find deeply agreeable.
― Theodore Roosevelt