What Are You Smoking February 2019

Wildcrow
Founding Member

Today I had C&D Burley Flake #2 in a five year old MM Washington while the kids romped around in the mud. My wife was NOT happy. Hehehe. We cleaned up and had some southwestern soup and jalapeño cornbread.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Well, that Mellow Mixture just wasn't doin' it for me...so I dumped it. Now I've got Hair O'the Dog (OJK/BLWB) burning in this giant Custombilt billiard. Ahhhhhhhhhyyyeaaahhhhhhh...
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 pm Seems a few posts have disappeared. Smoking Half&Half in a group 4 Tanshell while doing a little stem polishing. I'm calling this one done.
Before, sellers pic.
After a little TLC
No phone numbers? Now I have nobody to prank call. Good work on that Tanshell.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm SWRA in the Viking Acorn. I finished stripping off the lacquer, and gave it a light oil finish with a couple coats of Halcyon on top to keep it as matte as possible.
Holy snap, that looks good! Great job, Hout!
Thanks MD, and all the other folks!

I really prefer matte finishes on pipes, so I figured this one would get the treatment. It somehow now smokes even better(it was a great smoker to begin with), and it always surprises me how much better unvarnished pipes perform. It makes no sense to me whatsoever, but they just do.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wildcrow
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 pm Back home after a couple days in Atlanta. Working on some quiet time with the Devil Anse and some more Carter Hall. These boots are old friends: Noconas from 1987. If they could talk - horses, cows and Harleys, work and play. They’ve been soled and heeled more times than I can remember. Like Guy Clark said, “I’ve got an old pair of boots and they fit just right. I can work all day and I can dance all night”.

I bet those boots are like second skin by now.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

OC pipe meet tonight. Started with speakeasy in the tinymeer & then some ahab's comfort in the big paneled meer.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Finished up my evening at the meet with a little newminster 400 in the kolding. Seems my progression of tobacco strength was a little off tonight lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

John Bull in the Dagner Cob. Jasmine Tea. Peace!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
SidStavros
Member in Good Standing

McClelland McRaspberry.
rekamepip wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:08 am I hope it is still smoking good for you !
:thumbs:
Oh yes. :awesome:
Blog for the New pipe smoker: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcrow wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 pm Seems a few posts have disappeared. Smoking Half&Half in a group 4 Tanshell while doing a little stem polishing. I'm calling this one done.
Before, sellers pic.
After a little TLC
No phone numbers? Now I have nobody to prank call. Good work on that Tanshell.
Thank you! That's a Peterson Kapruf I scored on the bay for next to nothing.
Lol.. no numbers tonight.
The Troll Whisperer