What Are You Smoking February 2019

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm Smoking P79 in a Kapet 999, it's a Peterson kinda day.
A man has to have a theme sometimes. Mine tends to be Grabow on days when it's a theme day, but I can see Peterson for sure.
Lol...
It's the only brand I seem to have an abundance of... I'm on the fence over another Kaywoodie, I see another theme in the works.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Savinelli Capri bent pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:32 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm Smoking P79 in a Kapet 999, it's a Peterson kinda day.
A man has to have a theme sometimes. Mine tends to be Grabow on days when it's a theme day, but I can see Peterson for sure.
Lol...
It's the only brand I seem to have an abundance of... I'm on the fence over another Kaywoodie, I see another theme in the works.
I have enough Kaywoodies to do it too. I could do Weber or GBD too. Come to think of it, I have 7 or 8 Dunhills and about the same number of Charatans. I would need to have some repeats during the day and could not rotate them the um... way you are supposed to. This have never caused me any anxiety in the past.

Currently I am taking a lot of about a dozen and smoking them all week. I try to have at least one pipe in the dozen I am comfortable taking out of the house, and that one usually gets smoked pretty hard in the course of the week. I tried to spread out the brands in my "lots" so people don't get TOO bored seeing 6 different GBD pots one after another. If all goes as planned you get to see some fresh ones tomorrow.

Old Ted Award - 2017
9 Iron
Founding Member

I can do themes on Stanwell, Peterson and Santambrogio, but just as likely my themes would have to be shapes, as I tend to collect specific shapes moreso than specific makers. Lovats, large straight billiards, bulldog/Rhodesians.
Last edited by 9 Iron on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm Picayune in a Savinelli Capri bent pot

I still believe that, should Savinelli reintroduce the Capri (with an unfiltered lucite stem) it would quickly become the marquees best selling line. That rustication they used to do on the Capri is wonderful. Craggy and rolling, like an old Castello.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mid-Town Prince Andrew in a Grand Duke

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

9 Iron wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:13 pm I can do themes on Stanwell, Peterson and Santambrogio, but just as likely my themes would have to be shapes, as I tend to collect specific shapes moreso than specific makers. Lovats, large straight billiards, bulldog/Rhodesians.
I hear you. Come to think of it, I could probably do a Starfire pot themed day. Trying to match up the wirefinish with the picture though to post would be a headache.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

9 Iron wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:16 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm Picayune in a Savinelli Capri bent pot

I still believe that, should Savinelli reintroduce the Capri (with an unfiltered lucite stem) it would quickly become the marquees best selling line. That rustication they used to do on the Capri is wonderful. Craggy and rolling, like an old Castello.
It really is a wonderful textured finish.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ryback Gold in the new (to me) Starfire pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Earlier, filled the Sav billiard with Paul's Black & Gold, sipping Tetley's...

Midway, bit of gurgle, then further down the embers apparently met up with some moisture, causing a subtle sizzling sound, lasted for about a minute, or two...quite the highlight.
insufferable filter guy