What do the symbols mean?

Chock Chucker

I am new PSF 2.0 and am still figuring out the new style page. What do the symbols next to the thread titles mean? Some are Xs, -s, and check marks. Some have little yellow dots. I haven't played around in any particular thread yet to notice if the symbols change, but more or less, just curious.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

If you hover over the symbols a little indicator will pop up and tell you what each one means. If the new format is disorienting, consider going up to "Style" menu in the upper right corner and changing it to "PSF Classic".
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Chock Chucker

I have figured out that green check mark means there is a new post I haven't seen. I am mobile only, and don't have a computer that I can log into public forums on, so hovering is tough. I have looked at the classic view, but am trying to stay "relevant" with new updates. Work told me to me more accepting of change during my text message feedback. Baby steps.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

and in classic view there is a pipe to the left of each forum. If the pipe has a whisp of smoke coming off it, there's new posts there. :D
I hope our names are touching on the watch list