Old friends are home

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It's about time you caved, Father . Your pipes generally look ....... meh 8-)

Nice clean job :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Those went from King Cake to Ressurected... (crappy Mardi Gras joke I presume). Great work Alex.
Wooda
Founding Member

Nice shine.

I'm pretty sure you get enough meer smokes in to fulfill MMM that you can smoke the new out of those two.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

It's kind of like Octoberfest... you have to take a break from beer sometime. Mmmmm, no you don't. Nevermind. That was probably a bad example. 8-)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:07 pm It's about time you caved, Father . Your pipes generally look ....... meh 8-)

Nice clean job :thumbs:
I dunno.. I have always admired the state of his pipes. You can tell they are well loved, sort of like an old pair of jeans or worn boots. The feel like they were made just for you.
I always find immediately after I clean and polish stems, that I am sort of frustrated with the bite for a week or two until the sheen wears a bit and I get my grip back. If Fr_Tom level oxidation didn't make my lips stingy, I would probably just let them go.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have pondered putting them back in the rotation or maybe just having a day when I go off the meers and smoke these again. I have decided that I am going to wait until April 1. I want to be committed to MMM. The pipes I am smoking now are good smokes. There will be time to smoke these two pipes again now that they are all clean and shiny.

If you want, you can consider this a form of DGT.

I am tempted of course, but I preached temptation today. I need to be able to take my own counsel.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm I have pondered putting them back in the rotation or maybe just having a day when I go off the meers and smoke these again. I have decided that I am going to wait until April 1. I want to be committed to MMM. The pipes I am smoking now are good smokes. There will be time to smoke these two pipes again now that they are all clean and shiny.

I am tempted of course, but I preached temptation today. I need to be able to take my own counsel.
There's a pipe being made that I'm strongly considering purchasing. If I do it will sit on the rack til April. I'm committed right along with you padre
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm I have pondered putting them back in the rotation or maybe just having a day when I go off the meers and smoke these again. I have decided that I am going to wait until April 1. I want to be committed to MMM. The pipes I am smoking now are good smokes. There will be time to smoke these two pipes again now that they are all clean and shiny.

There's a pipe being made that I'm strongly considering purchasing. If I do it will sit on the rack til April. I'm committed right along with you padre
I say get the pipe and show it to us. Then we can wait in solidarity.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:28 pm

I say get the pipe and show it to us. Then we can wait in solidarity.
Just waiting for it to be finished and then I'll make my final decision. If I pull the trigger you can bet that I'll post pictures
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin