If you like making love at midnight...

Whalehead King

I just placed a very fruity order of tobacco tins this evening:

-Panama Jack Piña Colada ('cause I like making love at midnight and getting caught in the rain)

-PJ Key Lime (because I've always liked key lime pie since I was a wee WK)

-PJ Mango (because I was on a roll buying fruity PJ blends---what's one more?)

---NOT PJ Daquiri (because the tin has a picture of strawberries on it and 1.) I don't particularly like daquiris, and, 2.) I am allergic to strawberry flavored pipe tobacco)

-Stanwell Melange (because if I'm going fruity, I may as well go upmarket and not just keep myself in the Panama Jack pool)

-SWRA (because I like making love at midnight-----ladies love SWRA)

Has anyone tried any of these? I don't have high hopes, but, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm sure I've smoked worse. We'll see.

-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 pm I just placed a very fruity order of tobacco tins this evening:

-Panama Jack Piña Colada ('cause I like making love at midnight and getting caught in the rain)

---NOT PJ Daquiri (because the tin has a picture of strawberries on it and 1.) I don't particularly like daquiris, and, 2.) I am allergic to strawberry flavored pipe tobacco)

-Stanwell Melange (because if I'm going fruity, I may as well go upmarket and not just keep myself in the Panama Jack pool)

Has anyone tried any of these? I don't have high hopes, but, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm sure I've smoked worse. We'll see.

-
I have had the SWRA, but you knew that. I have nothing on the rest. We will be looking for some reviews!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I bet they are all very smokable and will attract Jimmy Buffet groupies from every corner of New Orleans. Just beware of the dudes.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
9 Iron
Founding Member

I can’t even stay up past 8:30 anymore.....
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 pm I just placed a very fruity order of tobacco tins this evening:

-
I like fruity drinks while I smoke my pipe but I'm not sure about fruit IN my pipe. It's kinda' like beer and BBQ, I once tried a beer that had a smokey flavoring to it and while they're practically made to go together I quickly realized that I'd prefer to keep my BBQ separate from my beer. ;) I'll be interested to know what you think of your new blends. :D
As for the video... The Pina Colada Song was and still is one of the most over played songs in radio history. Much like Debbie Boone's You Light Up My Life of 1977, the first 50 times I heard it it was OK but once it reached the 1000th time I began to have violent involuntary reactions to it! :lol:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If they're anything like Villiger.. they'll be great
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 pm If they're anything like Villiger.. they'll be great
I always forget about those villiger blends. They really are good. Not a tobacco I find satisfying to smoke but really tasty for sure
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Stanwell Melange is a high quality, very tasty, aromatic. Apricot & vanilla is what I get from it. I keep about 4 tins of it around.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Whalehead King

The mailman came with a box today:

I'm smoking my first bowl of Panama Jack Key Lime as I write this. Man, this is some lime-y tobacco. My scurvy has been cured!

It's also pretty good, flavor-wise. Much better than I expected. Though the tin note will knock you down with it's lime and meringue scent, and its' palette note is lime-y over a mixture of Virginia, Burley, and Black tobacco, there hasn't been a gurgle in the bowl (and I'm almost finished). I get a gurgle from SWRA, but not with this jokey Panama Jack blend. Thumbs up.

I'm enjoying it. I usually smoke one tin at a time and I'll prolly be doing that with Panama Jack. I like the Key Lime. The lime is the key to this tin's success. Without any topping, I doubt this blend would knock it outta the park, but the lime is a nice top note that really makes it a pleasure to smoke. YMMV, of course.

Tongue bite? No. This is like the end of dinner at grandma's house. I like it. I am not a fan of Panama Jack in any other sense (sunglasses, shirts, whatever), but I think this is a tobacco worth trying if you want something refreshingly different. I'm giving it one thumbs up and reserving my other thumb until I've proven to myself that this isn't a one-note smoke. It could get tiresome. Stay tuned.....
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:16 pm The mailman came with a box today:

I'm smoking my first bowl of Panama Jack Key Lime as I write this. Man, this is some lime-y tobacco. My scurvy has been cured!

It's also pretty good, flavor-wise. Much better than I expected. Though the tin note will knock you down with it's lime and meringue scent, and its' palette note is lime-y over a mixture of Virginia, Burley, and Black tobacco, there hasn't been a gurgle in the bowl (and I'm almost finished). I get a gurgle from SWRA, but not with this jokey Panama Jack blend. Thumbs up.

I'm enjoying it. I usually smoke one tin at a time and I'll prolly be doing that with Panama Jack. I like the Key Lime. The lime is the key to this tin's success. Without any topping, I doubt this blend would knock it outta the park, but the lime is a nice top note that really makes it a pleasure to smoke. YMMV, of course.

Tongue bite? No. This is like the end of dinner at grandma's house. I like it. I am not a fan of Panama Jack in any other sense (sunglasses, shirts, whatever), but I think this is a tobacco worth trying if you want something refreshingly different. I'm giving it one thumbs up and reserving my other thumb until I've proven to myself that this isn't a one-note smoke. It could get tiresome. Stay tuned.....
I am imagining a pinch of that Key Lime tobacco with some Brown Flake Scented. Coke with Lime.. or maybe Cuba Libre :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt