Restoration Project Of The Week

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

All looking good! Westbrook is a great line :thumbs:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:30 am All looking good! Westbrook is a great line :thumbs:
Thank You Sir! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Again, very nice work. I've been eyeballing the Zulu / Yachtsman / Woodstock shape pretty hard for a while. Just haven't picked one up yet
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:25 pm Again, very nice work. I've been eyeballing the Zulu / Yachtsman / Woodstock shape pretty hard for a while. Just haven't picked one up yet
Thanks! Yeah to me there's something "stylish" about that shape, it almost requires the wearing of a smoking jacket and leather slippers to be properly enjoyed. :D
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Both pipes look great . . . the pleasure of enjoying something that you brought back for an additional life is an added benefit.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

simplepipes wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:49 am Both pipes look great . . . the pleasure of enjoying something that you brought back for an additional life is an added benefit.

-sp
Thank You Sir! Absolutely, these great old pipes have seen some real history! I have a few pipes that I'll be restoring that were probably being smoked as the owner read the latest headlines about troop movements of WWII in his evening paper. ;)
Tsal
Forum Decorum

You sure have the knack for bringing pipes back to life! Well done, enjoy! 💨💨
The Troll Whisperer
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:41 pm You sure have the knack for bringing pipes back to life! Well done, enjoy! 💨💨
Thank You Sir! I originally bought these pipes in a large haul to clean them up and sell them but now I'm falling in love with them, kinda' like a stray animal that you've nursed back to health... it's hard to part with them! The thing is I have about 30 of these things! LOL! :roll: :D
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Nice work on those, the Continental shape 24 is something idn'it? And I love a good Zulu/whathaveyou, the first shape I fell for. Great to see before and after shots, I should get back on that and put some up as well. Also, anybody digging that Westbrook 24 I believe there is a Viscount here in need of a clean up...
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Yeah, I always called it a Zulu until I saw the Kaywoodie shape chart. I'll go with Yacht since it isn't a stupid sounding made up shape.

Hey, I don't think any of us want to smoke a pipe shape called a Dingy, am I right? 8-)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?