Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir walter Raleigh Aromatic

Whalehead King

I'll do anything for some SWRA:

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

avid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:31 pm
good one!

how about one for the car bumper, 'brylon on board'... 8-)
They would know that you are not afraid of anything.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:58 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:40 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:35 pm

I think Brylon is actually a mixture of briar flour and some type of thermoset Nylon material - hence the portmanteau Briar-Nylon = Brylon.
You didn't see my quotation marks?
Oh sorry, I am a fairly dense composite.
Perhaps, but recyclable
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:45 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:36 pm
Wooda wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:14 pm
The tub is mine. They are all mine.
I'm gonna claim a couple of them. I hope it doesn't come to fisticuffs between you and I.
If it does come to fisticuffs, we should sell tickets.
Can I be the announcer?

"In this corner, the Padre of Pipery, the Friar of Brylon..."
ever forward
Maynard

SWR -reg. To me is best enjoyed by the campfire with strong boiled coffee, it's a wonderful thing.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I saw this thread again and figured id go to the local little b&m to snag some swr ... Its closed on Sunday ...... Rats !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:44 am I saw this thread again and figured id go to the local little b&m to snag some swr ... Its closed on Sunday ...... Rats !!
As it should be.

Patience is a virtue and hunger makes the best sauce.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I've gone through a few pouches of swra during the last couple work trips . No matter where I go , people comment on its fragrance

Also , I am convinced it's the easiest blend to light and keep lit . In the op, I said " one of the most " .... well , I can't recall anything easier . It's the easiest to light and keep lit
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Try Cob

Hanging out with PSF is 'spensive. My next credit card bill... well, we carry no debt, so we can afford a bit of extravagance occasionally. Pipes and tobacco pale in comparison to all the landscaping we've done last several months. I should have found these reviews on PSF before ordering, but it wasn't a lack of browser searching. Found what seemed to me a lot of bull, here and there, of course. Most of what I'm reading in PSF makes sense to me.

My first pipe tobacco was some cheap brand made for roll-your-own cigarettes. Not good, but I bought some Middleton Cherry and liked it(this was in '75). Smoked only that for about a year, then tried some BRBourbon, which was okay, but just the one pouch. Then found Cherokee and smoked that for about three years before dropping tobacco completely for eight, after which I returned to cigarettes.

When I became disgusted enough with that, I fished my old Grabow out and returned to Cherokee. I didn't know I needed more than one pipe - or more than one tobacco, for that matter. Now it's so much tobacco, so little time. At least I did learn how to smoke and avoid burning out either my pipe or my mouth. That took awhile, on my own, but I figured things out without guidance - didn't know any pipe-smokers. None with whom I had that sort of friendship, anyway. I'm finding this site very informative, and appreciate the posts and threads featuring OTCs, as well as others, due to my failure to add variety over the years. Tanx.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Puff nstuff

I agree they are both reliably superior products, and the odors from SWRA are indeed heavenly, but I find I prefer smoking SWR. Something about its gentle, soft fruitiness that really makes me contented when I'm smoking it. ☺

Great write-up, Ruff.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪