Softee bit

Whalehead King

I'm looking for one (unused) softee bit. I just bought a clay pipe and I don't want to clench it naked, so to speak. I only want one rubber bit so I'm not interested in buying a set commercially. One will be enough for my needs. I'm not going to smoke this pipe until I have a soft bit for it. I don't trust my teeth (I'm getting to be older than I look in real life and even acrylic stems worry me, nowadays).

If someone has one unused softee bit that they want to mail me via USPS, I will send you in return something worth more than a nickel. I'm not interested in haggling over the terms. We're talking about a small tube of rubber here, not your best pipe or whatnot. If you can do a fellow pipe smoker a solid, I will send you something from the WK vault that will make it worth your while. I promise. I don't know what it will be. It will be something, so there's that. I can guarantee that it will be something either pipe- or cigar-related that will make you smile when the mailman arrives on your doorstep from New Orleans.

I want to stress again that I am looking for an UNUSED softee bit, not anyone's castoffs. If I wanted a used one, I could go to the Salvation Army store and sift through the donation bins. This is offer is on the up-and-up and I will trust your testimony that the bit is virgin. I'm not a germaphobe but I don't share toothbrushes, either.

Any takers? PM me and I'll give you my address, which is easy enough to find online, anyway. Again, one unused softee bit in exchange for whatever happens to be within reach from my collection of tobacciana when I open your envelope. Don't try to sweeten the pot with add-ons. I am only looking for one pristine bit. It doesn't need to be in the original packaging. It does, however need to be free of mold, mildew, residue, bite marks, biohazards, poisons, and hexes.

First reply gets in on this deal. I'm not gonna hem and haw over who gives me the best offer. Be the first and you've got yourself a deal.

My latest purchase, in case you are interested:

You can see why I'm anxious to get to smoking this beauty.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

That's a cool clay! I don't use soft bits..I wish I could help.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm I'm looking for one (unused) softee bit. I just bought a clay pipe and I don't want to clench it naked, so to speak. I only want one rubber bit so I'm not interested in buying a set commercially. One will be enough for my needs. I'm not going to smoke this pipe until I have a soft bit for it. I don't trust my teeth (I'm getting to be older than I look in real life and even acrylic stems worry me, nowadays).

If someone has one unused softee bit that they want to mail me via USPS, I will send you in return something worth more than a nickel. I'm not interested in haggling over the terms. We're talking about a small tube of rubber here, not your best pipe or whatnot. If you can do a fellow pipe smoker a solid, I will send you something from the WK vault that will make it worth your while. I promise. I don't know what it will be. It will be something, so there's that. I can guarantee that it will be something either pipe- or cigar-related that will make you smile when the mailman arrives on your doorstep from New Orleans.

I want to stress again that I am looking for an UNUSED softee bit, not anyone's castoffs. If I wanted a used one, I could go to the Salvation Army store and sift through the donation bins. This is offer is on the up-and-up and I will trust your testimony that the bit is virgin. I'm not a germaphobe but I don't share toothbrushes, either.

Any takers? PM me and I'll give you my address, which is easy enough to find online, anyway. Again, one unused softee bit in exchange for whatever happens to be within reach from my collection of tobacciana when I open your envelope. Don't try to sweeten the pot with add-ons. I am only looking for one pristine bit. It doesn't need to be in the original packaging. It does, however need to be free of mold, mildew, residue, bite marks, biohazards, poisons, and hexes.

First reply gets in on this deal. I'm not gonna hem and haw over who gives me the best offer. Be the first and you've got yourself a deal.

My latest purchase, in case you are interested:

You can see why I'm anxious to get to smoking this beauty.
Let me see if I still have some for you WK. I don't want anything in return
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

PM sent. I'm pretty sure I've got several new ones in the bit kit, though I can't speak to the 'hazards' because they were made in China. Could be lead in there. Who knows. :lol:

Feel free to whisper the addy... or I could check my bookmarks. I think I bookmarked your hotel in case I was ever in the area. :D
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
simplepipes
Codger in Training

2 for 99 cents at SP.com . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am not sure the "Softie" will fit a clay. I would go to the hardware store and get some tubing of some sort appropriate for drinking water that has enough flex to slip on and stay.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:10 am I am not sure the "Softie" will fit a clay. I would go to the hardware store and get some tubing of some sort appropriate for drinking water that has enough flex to slip on and stay.
Nah... a little chewing tobacco stuffed inside the gaps will keep it in position AND add a little flavor to that key lime stuff WK's been smoking. :lol:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Whalehead King

A tip of my fedora to Beardsley and Longshanks for offering to help me out. Beardsley's offer arrived in my PM box first so I took him up on it. If he doesn't come through, it's nice to know I have Shanks as a backup plan.

No need to for further PMs. I knew I could count on the PSF crew to help me out of this jam.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am
No need to for further PMs. I knew I could count on the PSF crew to help me out of this jam.
It sounded more like a pickle to me.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Already in the mail. The beard always comes through :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin