Should I or shouldn't I???

CoreyR
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 pm This is the second time you've gotten a pass? Crack it, you probably have more tins of Nightcap than opportunities like this to indulge.
Actually, my wife and I go "glamping" a LOT. I suppose I need to find a new campfire favorite. I am open to suggestions?
I confess, I have been also aro puffing H&H Eggnog and liking it, usually in the fall though. I need a nice Englishy/oriently something, I think. Scottish maybe? Something which just "fits" when sitting around a campfire, with the dogs and which the wife will find pleasing. Something which blends nicely with the woodsmoke and the smell of the woods. All of my favorite blenders seem to be going out of business. Well, not C&D (fingers crossed). I shall probably pick something from that line.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Ashton Artisan’s Blend
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'd smoke it! Special tobacco for special occasions.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Islayphile wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:37 am Ashton Artisan’s Blend
Wow, just looked over the reviews on this one and, I must say, it looks like it is in the running to replace my beloved Nightcap. I shall give it a try, thank you sir.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am
Islayphile wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:37 am Ashton Artisan’s Blend
Wow, just looked over the reviews on this one and, I must say, it looks like it is in the running to replace my beloved Nightcap. I shall give it a try, thank you sir.
You’re very welcome!

Nightcap is the first tobacco that I fell in love with.

The Ashton is excellent..I don’t think that you’ll be disappointed.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I used to smoke a lot of English blends early on, now I just don't bother with Latakia at all, it's not awful just doesn't ring any bells like it used to. 965 was always in supply but I liked Stokkebye Proper English as much to keep it around too, maybe more. Might be worth a look.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Yes, I have tried PS Proper English but, to me, it is not on par with Nightcap. It is a good smoke, mind you, just not the same sort of thing.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Well , if that was your favorite smoke for camping ... why screw with it now . We ain't getting younger... go for it, man :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Moot point now, I ended up getting sick as staying home!
Bah. Well, two weeks from now I am headed out again. Same choice. LOL I did smoke some of my PS LBF while mowing the grass on Sunday. That is my "go to" for grass mowing!
Lord, please don't let PS go out of business???