Best tobacco for bearded face

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 am Dear Sweetie doesn't comment often on the beard aroma, unless it's bad. She doesn't like the rugged burleys...they remind her if cigarettes. But SWRA and Macanudo have gotten an "ummmmmmm!" And that's kinda all right. :)
That surprises me. My wife doesn't mind the Burley at all.. however, my wife haaatttees the smell of Virginia. I've been smoking a lot of straight VA's lately and she says it smells like I just smoked a pack of Marbs. Then again, my wife doesn't mind the smell on me after smoking a Maduro either.. so maybe I just hit the lotto.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:40 am
MikeDennison wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 am Dear Sweetie doesn't comment often on the beard aroma, unless it's bad. She doesn't like the rugged burleys...they remind her if cigarettes. But SWRA and Macanudo have gotten an "ummmmmmm!" And that's kinda all right. :)
That surprises me. My wife doesn't mind the Burley at all.. however, my wife haaatttees the smell of Virginia. I've been smoking a lot of straight VA's lately and she says it smells like I just smoked a pack of Marbs. Then again, my wife doesn't mind the smell on me after smoking a Maduro either.. so maybe I just hit the lotto.
Different noses, I s'pose. Of course, this is a woman who wrinkles her nose and casts me a disapproving glance at the room note of SWR & Lane Ready Rubbed.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
nimazparsa

I guess the SWRA won the contest
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I haven't bought it or smoked it in years but I used to think that Captain Black Original had a nice room note and residual scent. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

My wife’s favorite is plain old SWR.
nimazparsa

oldbill wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:27 pm I haven't bought it or smoked it in years but I used to think that Captain Black Original had a nice room note and residual scent. :D
My wife doesnt like the CB because she reminds the "Old men" :facepalm:
---------------------
---------------------
nimazparsa

Updating!!!

:tumble: I cant find SWRA here in Iran. Wtf?
---------------------
---------------------
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

nimazparsa wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:37 pm Updating!!!

:tumble: I cant find SWRA here in Iran. Wtf?
https://www.4noggins.com/sir-walter-raleigh.aspx
Maynard

Last Saturday after 32 years I shaved my beard but kept the cookie duster it usually smells like coffee.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

9 Iron wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:31 pm I smoke the stuff to keep her off me.

That's awesome. :lol: