What's For Supper?

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

The long-suffering wife and D2 are at supper club. I made myself meatloaf.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

I know that hot weather has descended upon us, but in spite of the temp of 95 today my wife & I decided on a lovely homemade beef stew for tonight's dinner. Couple the stew with a pone of cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet and I'm in hog heaven.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 pm I know that hot weather has descended upon us, but in spite of the temp of 95 today my wife & I decided on a lovely homemade beef stew for tonight's dinner. Couple the stew with a pone of cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet and I'm in hog heaven.
It's never too hot for stew or chili!👍
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 pm
Bamarick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 pm I know that hot weather has descended upon us, but in spite of the temp of 95 today my wife & I decided on a lovely homemade beef stew for tonight's dinner. Couple the stew with a pone of cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet and I'm in hog heaven.
I like Beef Stew any time of the year, but for us Chili is a winter meal. BTW, my wife makes a Stew that we call "Cleanout". She uses whatever meats and vegetables we have in the freezer that were leftover from other meals and makes a stew from them. Most of the time they're really good.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 pm
I like Beef Stew any time of the year, but for us Chili is a winter meal. BTW, my wife makes a Stew that we call "Cleanout". She uses whatever meats and vegetables we have in the freezer that were leftover from other meals and makes a stew from them. Most of the time they're really good.
It makes sense that the Cleanout would taste best, everything tastes better a day or two after. Beef stew was a common meal growing up in our house. At least once a week. We would even eat Dinty Moore in a can sometimes, just heat and pour it over sliced white bread! Sounds awful but tastes surprisingly good.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tonight was chicken and savory grits. I screwed up the grits by using too much liquid :lol: but they were still fantastic
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Poutine and Pizza!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Bamarick

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm Tonight was chicken and savory grits. I screwed up the grits by using too much liquid :lol: but they were still fantastic
Savory Grits? Would you mind sharing the recipe for the dish? It sounds interesting.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
9 Iron
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm Dinty Moore in a can ... over sliced white bread!
This is a must for camping/hunting camp grub. A little hickory salt on top and a can of peaches for dessert. Amazingly good meal.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm Dinty Moore in a can ... over sliced white bread!
This is a must for camping/hunting camp grub. A little hickory salt on top and a can of peaches for dessert. Amazingly good meal.
Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
The Troll Whisperer