Forgotten Peterson.

CoreyR
Founding Member

About a year and a half ago my wife and I were visiting her family in "Minnie/sconsin," On the border near Minneapolis. I walked into a little smoke shop there and ended up picking up a beautiful Peterson, don't ask me the model number, I do not have all the Pete's memorized. I smoked it a couple of times walking through the streets of Hudson, Wi.
When I got home, somehow, it was placed in it's sock and put on the shelf in my tobacco closet. This is strange because I do not keep pipes in there, tobacco on one side, booze (mainly good scotch or cognac) on the other.
Anywho, I recently moved my ham radio shack to the study and it has been a bit of a mess in there ever since. This weekend I was trying to cleanup the room. I say "trying" because I did not finish. I did, however, put some tins of tobacco away and, in doing so, I found a pipe sock which I totally did not remember. I picked up and walked out with it, amazed to see the Peterson logo on what looked like a new sock! As I started to pull the pipe out the memory of it came flooding back and stood there wondering, "how did I ever forget about this???"
None the less, it's like I got my own father's day present. LOL :D
Middle Earth

I have made more than a few discoveries.
Definately brings back memories but not as cool as the one in your post.
Mostly, non-descript boxes with something I ordered.
Too much stuff.
Working on it, now, and this process will lead to a large number of discoveries.
Selling discoveries/stuff off if they have a decent market value.
Otherwise, going in the roll-off dumpster I am getting dropped off in a couple weeks.
I am debating, four, six, or eight foot high dumpster walls.
Thinking six will suffice.
Feels good, both the discoveries and selling/discarding the stuff/discoveries.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:25 am About a year and a half ago my wife and I were visiting her family in "Minnie/sconsin," On the border near Minneapolis. I walked into a little smoke shop there and ended up picking up a beautiful Peterson, don't ask me the model number, I do not have all the Pete's memorized. I smoked it a couple of times walking through the streets of Hudson, Wi.
When I got home, somehow, it was placed in it's sock and put on the shelf in my tobacco closet. This is strange because I do not keep pipes in there, tobacco on one side, booze (mainly good scotch or cognac) on the other.
Anywho, I recently moved my ham radio shack to the study and it has been a bit of a mess in there ever since. This weekend I was trying to cleanup the room. I say "trying" because I did not finish. I did, however, put some tins of tobacco away and, in doing so, I found a pipe sock which I totally did not remember. I picked up and walked out with it, amazed to see the Peterson logo on what looked like a new sock! As I started to pull the pipe out the memory of it came flooding back and stood there wondering, "how did I ever forget about this???"
Awesome!!! :clap: The only thing that I usually get surprised by is a bill I forgot to pay or something! :lol:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Now I am waiting to find that case of 500 tins of Frog Morton on the Town that I totally forgot about!!!
8-)
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

oldbill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 am
CoreyR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:25 am About a year and a half ago my wife and I were visiting her family in "Minnie/sconsin," On the border near Minneapolis. I walked into a little smoke shop there and ended up picking up a beautiful Peterson, don't ask me the model number, I do not have all the Pete's memorized. I smoked it a couple of times walking through the streets of Hudson, Wi.
Awesome!!! :clap: The only thing that I usually get surprised by is a bill I forgot to pay or something! :lol:
No joke. Nothing like that sinking feeling!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I get the same feeling whenever I look through the "refurb" box... so many great looking pipes in there that I've picked up in various odd shops over the years and some great snags on ebay... all just waiting to be refurbished.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Longshanks wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:43 pm I get the same feeling whenever I look through the "refurb" box... so many great looking pipes in there that I've picked up in various odd shops over the years and some great snags on ebay... all just waiting to be refurbished.

I've got a few of those as well.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 pm Now I am waiting to find that case of 500 tins of Frog Morton on the Town that I totally forgot about!!!
8-)

I'm hoping to find a few pounds of McClelland blends that I forgot I bought myself!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Preacher1611 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm
CoreyR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 pm Now I am waiting to find that case of 500 tins of Frog Morton on the Town that I totally forgot about!!!
8-)

I'm hoping to find a few pounds of McClelland blends that I forgot I bought myself!
Good luck with that!! :thumbs: