What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Whalehead King

I'm running low on White Lightning Crooks. I have three left after this one. I'm smoking a WLC and accompanying it with an old-fashioned New England soda: birch beer.

Mrs. King brought home bottle of birch beer for me from Boylan's. It's good. It is a perfect pairing for a WLC, almost as good as a can of Cel-Ray.

WLC and birch beer.

Personally, I prefer Polar birch beer (from Worchester, Mass., 'natch).

Here's a review of the Polar version:

He has no idea what the flavor is. Guess what, genius? It's birch bark. Welcome to a New England state of mind. When I was a kid, this was our favorite soda. Hard to find now, as many good things are.
beeftip

Mrs. Beeftip and I went through a couple of Black and Mild's whilst drinking some Costco Sauvignon Blanc. It's their Kirkland brand, Marlborough something or another. $7 a bottle and worth every cent and then some. It's a lovely pairing on a decently mild and not so humid Wisconsin summer night.

My wife can't keep the name of Black and Mild's straight and it's adorable. She calls them Black 'n Tans or Sweet 'n Milds. We now refer to them as "Sweet 'n Sexy's". She can remember that!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I'm puffing on a Garcia y Vega candella elegante panatela.... Mild smokes are nice in the Vegas heat.
Peace!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Whalehead King

Chef Benny wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:22 am I'm puffing on a Garcia y Vega candella elegante panatela.... Mild smokes are nice in the Vegas heat.
Peace!
A candela is a nice summer smoke. 'nuff said.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:11 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:22 am I'm puffing on a Garcia y Vega candella elegante panatela.... Mild smokes are nice in the Vegas heat.
Peace!
A candela is a nice summer smoke. 'nuff said.
Garshavega, remember? I like the casual summer avatar!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

beeftip wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:32 pm Mrs. Beeftip and I went through a couple of Black and Mild's whilst drinking some Costco Sauvignon Blanc. It's their Kirkland brand, Marlborough something or another. $7 a bottle and worth every cent and then some. It's a lovely pairing on a decently mild and not so humid Wisconsin summer night.

My wife can't keep the name of Black and Mild's straight and it's adorable. She calls them Black 'n Tans or Sweet 'n Milds. We now refer to them as "Sweet 'n Sexy's". She can remember that!
My wife asked me, "Why do you always refer to me as Mrs. King? I have a real name you know. I am Mrs. King but nobody refers to me that way unless I'm with you."

Me: "Well, you are Mrs. King. And, as you say, people know you as Mrs. King, the same way they know me as Mr. King. I don't want to be shouting your first name all across the internet. What name would you prefer to be known as if not Mrs. King?"

She thought about it awhile. "Mrs. Beeftip has a nice ring to it," she said.

Mrs. King doesn't read PSF posts. If she did, she would punch me in the arm and say, "Why can't you smoke Sweet 'n' Sexy cigars?"

Thanks Beeftip. Thanks a lot. I predict a bruise in my future.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'm starting to think that a cheap-ish cigar might be just the ticket for times at work where a pipe is too inconvenient. Wish finck had a sampler to give a whirl and see what I'd invest in a box of. Oh well, fortune favors the bold :lol:

I obviously didn't look into the site deep enough. I found the sampler section
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm I'm starting to think that a cheap-ish cigar might be just the ticket for times at work where a pipe is too inconvenient. Wish finck had a sampler to give a whirl and see what I'd invest in a box of. Oh well, fortune favors the bold :lol:

Good. Saves me posting a link that isn't clickable. You could copy and paste it though. :x
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:12 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm I'm starting to think that a cheap-ish cigar might be just the ticket for times at work where a pipe is too inconvenient. Wish finck had a sampler to give a whirl and see what I'd invest in a box of. Oh well, fortune favors the bold :lol:

Good. Saves me posting a link that isn't clickable. You could copy and paste it though. :x
I may just order some cheroot's since that's always been a favorite size for me. My friend at work mentioned wanting a cigar so I snagged some drew estate Java mint and some muwat Kentucky sweets off cigarbid to split with him
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I ordered a small pack of parodi kings, Kentucky cheroots, and some little Dominican things I don't recall the name of from famous smoke. Hopefully they are a legit site :lol: