Dunhill Comeback!

Surlywill

It’s fun to see all the fuss over Dunhill. Since I’m pretty new to the pipe I’ve never tried any of the original. Tried a few of the match blends and wasn’t too impressed. Probably not that close. I’ve liked the John Cotton #2 and Smyrna releases so will probably try the new Dunhill.
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein
Bamarick

Surlywill wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 am It’s fun to see all the fuss over Dunhill. Since I’m pretty new to the pipe I’ve never tried any of the original. Tried a few of the match blends and wasn’t too impressed. Probably not that close. I’ve liked the John Cotton #2 and Smyrna releases so will probably try the new Dunhill.
I've never had any Dunhill either, but when the new tobaccos are released I'll try to get a tin of Nightcap just to see what the hoopla is about.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Looking forward to seeing how the “new” GAF is.
unregistered1

This is great news and, the manufacturer remaining the same, we will get the same quality product. I am looking forward to buying some more Dunhill tobacco.
For those who did not get the opportunity to try them, yes, there are the classics -Early Morning Pipe, Nightcap, Royal Yacht and My Mixture 965- but you might want to try Durbar and My Mixture 1938 which are very, very good choices as well.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Crusty Cob

I've only had a few of the dunhill blends. I like london mixture the best but I have a bowl only occasionally. I have emp, 965, and Elizabethan in the larder but haven't smoked any of those in a coon's age. I burned through a tin of standard mixture a few years ago but didn't buy more. They are serviceable smokes but I just dont see what they do that is so much better than the next blend. Darwin Asa from Paul's pipe shop is another good oriental English that I could smoke instead of LM.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Chef Benny wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 am Well.. It's true. Check the internet. Dunhill was out for a bit, but the Danish company that had been blending it for British American finally bought the rights, and they put out a press release saying that the party is back on. So it's safe to smoke it up.. I'm not a huge dunhill lover.. But I would have missed a blend or two. Night Cap for sure.
Anyway..
What are your thoughts on Dunhill in general? What blend would you have missed if it was gone forever?
:clap: Nightcap and Elizabethan! ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Kentuck

I missed Royal Yacht but not enough to lose any sleep over it. The only others I ever tried were Nightcap and Early Morning Pipe. Good tobacco but easily forgetable for me. I have never smoked anything quite like Royal Yacht. I only smoked about one or two bowls a week and only a couple of tins but it left a good impression. If nothing else it can be called distinct and memorable among a sea of blends.
Loosecut

I did not catch when these Dunhill blends will be back on the market. Does anybody know?

The only Dunhill blend I'm interested in these days is Royal Yacht. I remember smoking a tin way back maybe a decade ago, and not liking it. But, maybe my tastes have changed since then, so I'm looking forward to revisiting the blend.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kentuck wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 pm I missed Royal Yacht but not enough to lose any sleep over it. The only others I ever tried were Nightcap and Early Morning Pipe. Good tobacco but easily forgetable for me. I have never smoked anything quite like Royal Yacht. I only smoked about one or two bowls a week and only a couple of tins but it left a good impression. If nothing else it can be called distinct and memorable among a sea of blends.
Hi Lonnie, I'm glad to see you! Grabows and PA are King here!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
CoreyR
Founding Member

oldbill wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:05 pmElizabethan
I had forgotten this one but, then again, that kinda sums up Dunhill for me, "ok but easily forgotten."