What Hand Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WHMCAYST™

Surlywill

Whalehead King wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:15 pm I'm not smoking it yet, but I got it in the mail. It comes in a box of one for about $11. I figured for eleven bucks it'll be a good smoke and I wanted the box. I could use a flip-top wooden box that holds one cigar. Surprise. It's not a flip-top.

Victor Sinclair Emperor. It is a box of one cigar. I didn't read the dimensions of this cigar beforehand. Is it gonna be quality or is gonna be quantity? I don't know. It's an intimidating ring gauge, that's for sure. I'm not going to smoke it yet, so it's probably premature to post it in this thread. I just look at the box and wait until I have a couple of hours to smoke the monster-sized novelty cigar inside. I hope is both quantity and quality, but one never knows. I'm not the biggest Victor Sinclair fan. I find them fine enough bur nothing to go out of my way for. Now I've got foot-plus box on my desk waiting to be explored.

Has anyone else been foolish enough to be tempted by this and put a flame to it? I will in good time, when I have a whole afternoon to dedicate to nothing else besides smoking a giant cigar while reading a good book while I sit in my garden.
A buddy of mine gave me a LaGloria Cubano Series R #7 7x58. I love the #5 but but the 7 was over a 1.5 hour cigar. Still great but you sure need to set aside enough time to enjoy..
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Having a nice Diamond Crown robusto at the BBQ. Delish!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Whalehead King

Here's the band off my last Bahia Brazil. These were nice cigars. I'm gonna order another bundle.

Before you sharp-eyed snipers comment on the newspaper, I am reading yesterday's WSJ tonight. I know. I'm behind. My favorite pastime is smoking a handmade cigar while reading the WSJ like the capitalist fat cat plutocrat that I pretend to be.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Enjoying a Pearla del Mar toro. Delicious smoke.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I picked up three cigars today. I am smoking one of the Ashton's now.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Tonight I'm trying a relatively new smoke.. Camacho american barrel aged ..toro size.. It sounded kinda gimmicky at first.. The cigars are aged 5 years in charred oak bourbon barrels. It features mostly American tobaccos in the wrapper binder and filler.. Pencilvania broad leaf.. Kentucky filler.. Good stuff going on here! Not a heavy bourbon flavor.. But little hints of it throughout.. Lots of leather, earth, and oaky goodness. I would buy another one fo these.. For sure.. Cheers!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Smoking the other Ashton

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Smoking the Drew Estates cigar now

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

insufferable filter guy