BBQ for the weekend.

avid

Bamarick wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:01 pm On most I'll trim off a pound or so just to get them ready for the smoker.
I never do that, just leave it until ready to pull or carve up. And when I do trim, I've been known to nibble a lot of the fat as an hors d’oeuvre...LOL
insufferable filter guy
Bamarick

avid wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:25 pm
Bamarick wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:01 pm On most I'll trim off a pound or so just to get them ready for the smoker.
I never do that, just leave it until ready to pull or carve up. And when I do trim, I've been known to nibble a lot of the fat as an hors d’oeuvre...LOL
I nibbled on pieces of the Bark, or as some call it "Outside Meat", while I was pulling it last night. This is some of the best "Q" I've produced.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I'll marinate some chicken, cook in the oven a bit in the sauce and then when it's near done I'll go barbecue and Carmelize with sauce on it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Bamarick

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pm I'll marinate some chicken, cook in the oven a bit in the sauce and then when it's near done I'll go barbecue and Carmelize with sauce on it
Sounds good! What marinate do you use? We normally brine bone-in Breasts overnight in a solution of salted water with a bit of sugar and Weber Rub added. I put them on the grill at about 325deg until they reach about 155deg IT and then they're coated in Alabama White Sauce to finish. More White Sauce is on the table to have with the Chicken.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!