My First Ounce of EGR Reviewed

Whalehead King

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:15 pm ...
Now, I enjoy smoking SWRA, a tobacco flavored with Dutch Liqueur vs. wind, ....
Ah, spellcheck! I meant to say that EGR is flavored with wine not with wind. Who am I to argue with spellcheck?
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:15 pm After all the hoopla, I expected a bit more.
i've gotten a few dogs that way, at least they are to me
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:15 pm If a friend asked me over to her house to spend 90 minutes watching an old EGR movie, I'd be in. EGR lends a layer of panache to a movie. Plus, there are other actors and the plot is guaranteed to be moving along briskly. Every EGR performance is a study in the art of professional acting.

If a friend asked me over to her house to spend 90 minutes smoking a pipe packed with EGR, I'd take a raincheck. The tobacco is good, don't get me wrong, but, when it is the focus of a 90 minute smoke, there isn't a lot of variety in that show. I don't think anyone calls this blend a real dottle-milker. EGR blend performs but a little of this goes a long way.

Now, I enjoy smoking SWRA, a tobacco flavored with Dutch Liqueur vs. wind, and SWRA provides a consistent smoke. I find that SWRA has more personality than EGR. If anyone wants to debate whether SWR, himself, had more personality than EGR, himself, we can, but that will be another thread.

EGR's reputation in the tobacco world is bigger than it may otherwise be if more people tried it. SWRA's reputation in the tobacco world is smaller than it should obviously be if more people tried it. Regular SWR has the right reputation. It is what it is. EGR is what it is, too. EGR is a somewhat aromatic pipe tobacco with a picture of Edward G. Robinson on the label. It was the great man's favorite smoke. EGR tobacco isn't bad. I'm not saying that. It's fine.

This isn't my favorite blend by a long shot. After all the hoopla, I expected a bit more. It would make an excellent desert island tobacco. I will give it that. I someday may buy a whole tub EGR, even, in preparation of my being marooned.
I think this friend of yours has other things on her mind.
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:46 pm I think this friend of yours has other things on her mind.
I think that's you.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:34 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:46 pm I think this friend of yours has other things on her mind.
I think that's you.
:lol: There's always one, right!
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

Should I post this in the bad poetry thread?

My taste has not been diminished
Now that my ounce of EGR is finished.

I'm not going to whine,
The flavor is fine,

I like EGR better than spinach.
Bamarick

Thank you for your review of SWRA for it's becoming a good friend of mine.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!