Smoking frequency

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Man , for many years I smoked a pipe almost all day every day . I worked outside often or in a cabinet shop and sometimes at a construction site .... so , at whichever place it was fine to smoke
I don't know how many bowls or whatever but it was most of the day and it was awesone .
Sadly , I do commercial remodeling these days . It pays much better and other than the traveling , which can seem constant, the only other thing I don't care for is not being able to smoke inside a comercial building . Don't get me wrong ... we do it any Way when we have " cover " . Cover is when we're doing something that is so nasty that smoking wouldnt be noticeable or would be a least worry , lol , like cutting metal or slab etc ... other than that we go outside , which is only out the nearest door 20 feet away or something , so it isn't awful ........ but I miss smoking while working. I focus better , I just do .

There are times when I get a hankering bad . I'll stop whatever I'm doing and very loudly , so the crew can hear , I'll make the statement .... " Remember when Men ruled the world and we smoked while we worked " .... then I'll head toward the door . Everyone usually follows because everyone smokes

Those 2 for a buck Cigarillos that you see at gas stations and everywhere else seem to be the go to favorites of the crews . They take longer to smoke than a cigarette and it gives more down time for a break , which is good because people need to relax and we discuss the job and maybe regroup... or just talk about chicks
I'll sometimes smoke a pipe , sometimes smoke a cigarillo and sometimes a cigarette

My frequency has gone down . If I get a smoking hotel room , which is rare , its nice because you dont have to be inconvenienced but usually it's... down the hall , down the elevator , down another hall to get outside .... and then the a holes want you to smoke in a specific spot .. lol .. I don't play that game .

I do drive alot and I smoke like a bandit driving ,. But those times when I assist a crew , i miss the frequency

So , who gets to smoke all the time and who is beaten down by the system of whatever the hell you want to call it ... modern American world , BS or whatever

Oh , in advance ... If someone mentions how it's best we don't smoke at work or in a hotel , restaurant , food store etc .... I WILL THROW UP ON YOU ... just saying
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Prior to retiring (Crime Scene Processing) I could smoke anytime as long as it wasn't inside the crime scene, for obvious reasons. Now that I'm retired (10 yrs) it's non stop. Pipe, Dip & cigs, my choice.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I have complete freedom to do what I wish, I drive truck.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Retired 9 years, so like Ray, my choice. Tommy, I've heard truck drivers called the Last of the American Cowboys. Considering the drivers I have known I have to agree with that. Get along little dogie!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I smoke in the office and in the car. I smoke at in the house. Last week was bad because I was traveling in a rental car and staying in hotels.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

I work in an executive office suite in a shiny 'green' building - no smoking within 50' of the structure. To make matters worse, my immediate supervisor claims to have a 'smoke allergy' and will feign an attack of asthma any time I even smell vaguely of smoke. In order to keep this hypochondriac happy I smoke one bowl in the early morning, shower thereafter, and don't smoke again until I get home.

People really are p*$$es these days...
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 am People really are p*$$es these days...
Your so right and it's getting worse.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 am I work in an executive office suite in a shiny 'green' building - no smoking within 50' of the structure. To make matters worse, my immediate supervisor claims to have a 'smoke allergy' and will feign an attack of asthma any time I even smell vaguely of smoke. In order to keep this hypochondriac happy I smoke one bowl in the early morning, shower thereafter, and don't smoke again until I get home.

I feel for you.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 am Retired 9 years, so like Ray, my choice. Tommy, I've heard truck drivers called the Last of the American Cowboys. Considering the drivers I have known I have to agree with that. Get along little dogie!
You really have to start young to be able to walk in Cowboy boots, I tried a few pair on in my day but I could never walk without feeling awkward.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 am I work in an executive office suite in a shiny 'green' building - no smoking within 50' of the structure. To make matters worse, my immediate supervisor claims to have a 'smoke allergy' and will feign an attack of asthma any time I even smell vaguely of smoke. In order to keep this hypochondriac happy I smoke one bowl in the early morning, shower thereafter, and don't smoke again until I get home.

Everyone has an issue or is a victim of something . I swear, I almost want an emp to set everything back ... almost . I'd prefer whatever issue or whatever victimization they're under to just do them all in , which of course won't hapoen because they're not victims and don't have issues other than they are completely spoiled lazy halfling wussies. And they are responsible for the testosterone and sperm count t being so far down " unexplainaly " .
I swear, sometimes I wish Darwinism was true and just purge ourselves of these " things " without any moral side effects . There'd be no good or bad , it would just change with the current thing of the day , and we could agree to rid ourselves of them every so often .... problem solved .

My oh my ... tisk tisk ... i just ranted . That never happens . It's just a shame they don't realize we allow them to live ...... ANYWAY .. LOL

I don't see retirement coming for me , other than a forced one , which might be caused by wussies making my head explode ... or ... I actually do hook up with Christina Hendricks and mortally wound myself on her
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.