Smoking frequency

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 am Retired 9 years, so like Ray, my choice. Tommy, I've heard truck drivers called the Last of the American Cowboys. Considering the drivers I have known I have to agree with that. Get along little dogie!
You really have to start young to be able to walk in Cowboy boots, I tried a few pair on in my day but I could never walk without feeling awkward.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..... what , no boots !?!? Oh my God , man .. are you ok ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The hopeful cause of my retirement ...

Myyyyyyyy goodness
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:34 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 am Retired 9 years, so like Ray, my choice. Tommy, I've heard truck drivers called the Last of the American Cowboys. Considering the drivers I have known I have to agree with that. Get along little dogie!
You really have to start young to be able to walk in Cowboy boots, I tried a few pair on in my day but I could never walk without feeling awkward.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..... what , no boots !?!? Oh my God , man .. are you ok ?
:lol: I wear work boots just not in the style of Cowboy.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am I wish Darwinism was true and just purge ourselves of these " things " without any moral side effects . There'd be no good or bad , it would just change with the current thing of the day , and we could agree to rid ourselves of them every so often .... problem solved .
Supposing you do believe in the science Darwin was known for, then what you are talking about is Natural Selection. The genetically weak would fail to breed and pass on their weak genes and they would essentially be bred out of society. Survival of the fittest.
The problem is that modern humans have set up a society and culture that allows (downright encourages!) people to cheat natural selection by constantly finding ways to protect them from themselves. Don't blame the weak.. blame the nanny state that prevents them from being edited out of the gene pool.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 am The hopeful cause of my retirement ...

Myyyyyyyy goodness
I can't stop looking at this... I think I'm stuck
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I hijacked my own thread 🤣
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruff, you sound like Thanos. And Bernie Sanders.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

I smoke whenever I want. Before I retired the company provided a covered, landscaped patio that I used. That said, I only smoke 2 or 3 bowls a week on average. More this week than usual.
God and Texas!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 am Ruff, you sound like Thanos. And Bernie Sanders.
Would that make him Bernie Thanders?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:39 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am I wish Darwinism was true and just purge ourselves of these " things " without any moral side effects . There'd be no good or bad , it would just change with the current thing of the day , and we could agree to rid ourselves of them every so often .... problem solved .
Supposing you do believe in the science Darwin was known for, then what you are talking about is Natural Selection. The genetically weak would fail to breed and pass on their weak genes and they would essentially be bred out of society. Survival of the fittest.
The problem is that modern humans have set up a society and culture that allows (downright encourages!) people to cheat natural selection by constantly finding ways to protect them from themselves. Don't blame the weak.. blame the nanny state that prevents them from being edited out of the gene pool.
I just wanted to say that I am not a naturalist and do not subscribe to the above in any way. My personal take is that humanity waxes and wanes in civility, in a constant battle against it's own nature. We are definitely waning at the moment.. I am with Ruff.. I keep praying, asking God to maybe send us a coronal mass ejection from the sun to help us all remember what is essentially important and sort out who actually has the skills to be a useful human being. Carrington Event take two.

On topic - I generally smoke 2-3 times a day. Weirdly, the colder it gets outside, the more I want to smoke(and the better most blends taste to me).. and it could go as high as 4 times a day in the late fall/winter if I can find the time. I always try to carve out time after meals to have a pipe if possible, but lately that hasn't been happening.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt