Smoking frequency

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:45 am I smoke whenever I want. Before I retired the company provided a covered, landscaped patio that I used. That said, I only smoke 2 or 3 bowls a week on average. More this week than usual.
FWIW, it is a rare day I don't have two or three bowls before breakfast.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 am I work in an executive office suite in a shiny 'green' building - no smoking within 50' of the structure. To make matters worse, my immediate supervisor claims to have a 'smoke allergy' and will feign an attack of asthma any time I even smell vaguely of smoke. In order to keep this hypochondriac happy I smoke one bowl in the early morning, shower thereafter, and don't smoke again until I get home.

People really are p*$$es these days...
I feel for you.
Don't tell anyone, but I decided to test this alleged 'smoke' allergy by taping a used cigarette butt under his $2500 office chair one week.

What happened to him? Absolutely nothing. Empirical evidence that some people are full of it.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:45 am I smoke whenever I want. Before I retired the company provided a covered, landscaped patio that I used. That said, I only smoke 2 or 3 bowls a week on average. More this week than usual.
FWIW, it is a rare day I don't have two or three bowls before breakfast.
I know you do! 😁
I'm just a slacker. 😞🥴
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 am Ruff, you sound like Thanos. And Bernie Sanders.
Would that make him Bernie Thanders?
He's answered to worse names.
God and Texas!
Crusty Cob

I only like to puff if I know I'm going to have a good hour to just sit and enjoy it uninterrupted. On the weekends I'll have a couple pipes a day if I can.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 am I work in an executive office suite in a shiny 'green' building - no smoking within 50' of the structure. To make matters worse, my immediate supervisor claims to have a 'smoke allergy' and will feign an attack of asthma any time I even smell vaguely of smoke. In order to keep this hypochondriac happy I smoke one bowl in the early morning, shower thereafter, and don't smoke again until I get home.

People really are p*$$es these days...
I feel for you.
Don't tell anyone, but I decided to test this alleged 'smoke' allergy by taping a used cigarette butt under his $2500 office chair one week.

What happened to him? Absolutely nothing. Empirical evidence that some people are full of it.
I'm a big fan of Empirical evidence, nice one! Lol... Smoking "allergies" is a crock in my opinion, there's asthma, emphasima and the likes and then there's controlling crybabies.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am I feel for you.

I'm a big fan of Empirical evidence, nice one! Lol... Smoking "allergies" is a crock in my opinion, there's asthma, emphasima and the likes and then there's controlling crybabies.
I mean, it's not always just those things.. Smoke can cause inflammation. I had chronic bronchitis from age 2-6.. Doctors couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with me, until my mom had the realization that she occasionally smoked in the house. She stopped doing it, and it cleared right up. People can be biologically hypersensitive to it, so we can't be totally absolute in saying that anyone who doesn't want to be around it are just crybabies. Honestly the best thing we can do for ourselves is to be respectful of people as much as possible, try to differentiate the common pipe smoker from the stigma. There will always be some precious zealots out there, can't really help that.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm

I mean, it's not always just those things.. Smoke can cause inflammation. I had chronic bronchitis from age 2-6.. Doctors couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with me, until my mom had the realization that she occasionally smoked in the house. She stopped doing it, and it cleared right up. People can be biologically hypersensitive to it, so we can't be totally absolute in saying that anyone who doesn't want to be around it are just crybabies. Honestly the best thing we can do for ourselves is to be respectful of people as much as possible, try to differentiate the common pipe smoker from the stigma. There will always be some precious zealots out there, can't really help that.
Tell that to the guy sitting on the 2500 dollar office chair that's sitting on cigarettes. There are people who are full of themselves and love to display it in the office.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm I'm a big fan of Empirical evidence, nice one! Lol... Smoking "allergies" is a crock in my opinion, there's asthma, emphasima and the likes and then there's controlling crybabies.
Tell that to the guy sitting on the 2500 dollar office chair that's sitting on cigarettes. There are people who are full of themselves and love to display it in the office.
uh-huh.. :roll:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm

uh-huh.. :roll:
Honest physical conditions aside, if this guy even sees someone smoking outside his window as he is driving he gets wound up and starts choking. Not exaggerating one iota - have seen this. So, because of this obvious nutcase I, a full grown man in every sense, have to change my behavior as it relates to the one vice I allow myself.

This society needs a healthy dose of shuthahellup. Shuthahellup cures all kinds of ailments real and imaginary.