Smoking frequency

Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm

I mean, it's not always just those things.. Smoke can cause inflammation. I had chronic bronchitis from age 2-6.. Doctors couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with me, until my mom had the realization that she occasionally smoked in the house. She stopped doing it, and it cleared right up. People can be biologically hypersensitive to it, so we can't be totally absolute in saying that anyone who doesn't want to be around it are just crybabies. Honestly the best thing we can do for ourselves is to be respectful of people as much as possible, try to differentiate the common pipe smoker from the stigma. There will always be some precious zealots out there, can't really help that.
Tell that to the guy sitting on the 2500 dollar office chair that's sitting on cigarettes. There are people who are full of themselves and love to display it in the office.
uh-huh.. :roll:
I understand you trying to be level headed and nicey nice...but there are real winners out there. Maybe not so many in your neck of the woods but when your in the city there are all sorts of .....
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Let's try to rerail this train...
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm Tell that to the guy sitting on the 2500 dollar office chair that's sitting on cigarettes. There are people who are full of themselves and love to display it in the office.
uh-huh.. :roll:
Honest physical conditions aside, if this guy even sees someone smoking outside his window as he is driving he gets wound up and starts choking. Not exaggerating one iota - have seen this. So, because of this obvious nutcase I, a full grown man in every sense, have to change my behavior as it relates to the one vice I allow myself.

This society needs a healthy dose of shuthahellup. Shuthahellup cures all kinds of ailments real and imaginary.
That guy sounds like he'd have a full color glossy next to "Precious Zealot". I know exactly what you are talking about.. I live on the west coast where smoking in public gets you looks like you are a serial kitten murderer. I try to stay under the radar as much as possible, as I don't want pipe smoking to get any negative attention whatsoever from anyone. That's not to say that I humor anyones BS, but I do realize some people just don't want to be around it. That attitude comes from living in a state with legal recreational weed, where there are basically no social boundaries in place so people do it anywhere and everywhere. I don't want to be exposed to it at all, and I damn sure don't want my kids exposed to it. When my neighbors are blazing it up taking bong hits and it's drifting into my house, I get pretty freakin zealous myself - which I suppose gives me a little sympathy for the other side.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Me? I normally get in a couple of bowls each evening, unless I'm working from home. Then I'll get in a few during the day. I've only once had a pipe before breakfast and THAT was freaking amazing.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

3 or 4 years ago I hung out in Manhattan for a week , in Chelsea to be more exact . I smoked there , soho, little Italy etc ... The only looks I got were smiles ... New Yorkers are awesome

I like to pretend to be full of myself , just so ya know , but I only do it for fun. In reality, I'm pretty easy going unless pissed off , which is quite rare . I just wanted you guys to know that just In case you thought I was a nut job , which i kinda am but just not a full of myself nutjob .

I'm like a hippie trapped inside Attila the Hun... like a true Gemini , not that I believe in that crap , but if itc were true I'd fit it exactly , I swear , lol

My OP , I pretty much went off on how much i can't smoke compared to before this job ... but really, I'm not suffering . I'm just not get6ting in the amount of pipes I used to but there's never a day I dont have 3 bowls unless I get the flu or something bad like that. Thankfully I'm healthy and have a libido of probably 10 men . Children adore me , men want to be me and women feel the6 must have me ...................... 🤣

Ok , I'm back. Yeah , if I have less that 3 pipes a day, the day isn't right . I used to smoke , hell I don't know.... 10 a day . How many bowls can be smoked n 8 to 10 hours , especially average to a little smaller than average bowls . I don't like huge bowls when working cause im usually clenching ... mm legend is perfect working size
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like [mention]ruffinogold[/mention] that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
rekamepip
Codger in Training

what i don't smoke in a day of a pipe ....... i make up for by rolling my own
pre-manufactured cigarettes are terrible but these Turkish home blended smokes i'm churning out are close to the original Camel sticks from back in the good ole day
:D
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am I feel for you.
Don't tell anyone, but I decided to test this alleged 'smoke' allergy by taping a used cigarette butt under his $2500 office chair one week.

What happened to him? Absolutely nothing. Empirical evidence that some people are full of it.
I'm a big fan of Empirical evidence, nice one! Lol... Smoking "allergies" is a crock in my opinion, there's asthma, emphasima and the likes and then there's controlling crybabies.
I was never bothered by cigarette smoke until we got on the plane to come home from Orlando. I was having spasms from the cigarette smoke. I had been around much worse for many years without a problem. I still can't be in a room with cigarettes smoke. Pipe tobacco doesn't faze me.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like [mention]ruffinogold[/mention] that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
You have to understand Ruff's idea of "work"😜🤠
God and Texas!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like [mention]ruffinogold[/mention] that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
I can clench a pipe with no problem while sitting in my office chair
but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Im thinking that hypnosis therapy may be an answer to this problem