Big Meadows

CoreyR
Founding Member

Well, the wife and I headed up to Big Meadows, on the Skyline Drive this weekend. It was very fall like weather and I went through several bowls of Scotty's Salmon River while hiking the Meadow, after taking craploads of the ibuprofin which my Va doctor has told me IST VERBOTTEN!!! All OTC pain meds are forbidden because of a liver condition. That's ok, they also tell me that all other pain killers are forbidden because of the "oppiod crisis." Someone forgot to tell the bad knees/ foot from too many years of jumping out of aircraft in the arctic! LOL.
In any event, I LOVE hiking the meadow soooooo, suck it up buttercup! I go some great pictures too.
Then I came back and tried to sit by the fire with my Spotty dog the fire dog and smoke some chocolate creme in my CW but it was not to be. The Hot water heater, in the "cabin on wheels" suddenly died on us. I have it pulled up at the house now, tearing that puppy apart and learning all the ins and outs of an atwood propane hotwater heater. LOL. I'll get it figured out by next weekend! More pipe smoking tim....errrrr...propane....maybe not! :shock:

Here is a great shot from the Meadow. My babe and our two "Spots" Spotty, the older and better trained dog is on the right. Also the "fire dog." Spot Boy (aka "Big Head") the younger and more stubborn of the pair is on the left. They are both loveable. That thing in my wifes arms is her little half yorkie/ half satan's spawn, Mollie. I have lost so many nights sleep to that little monster. on the plus side, CW pipes DO, in fact, work with her. YIP YIP YIP, WHAP!!!

My beautiful wife. God decided to be good to me later in life!!!
CoreyR
Founding Member

I forgot to mention the baby bears we saw, scampering across the road, as we arrived. I was unable to get a picture. I am sure they were distant cousins kids. My wife insists that I am a "bear" and must be related to all the bears we see in the mountains of Virginia, NC and TN. LOL
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Great post! And beautiful pics! Glad you had a great time.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ronv69
Founding Member

Beautiful! NSAIDS ruined my kidneys so I can't ever take them again. Mentioning this to my doctors gets me the good stuff that I don't abuse.
I am in the process of figuring out how to carry our Yorkie (pure princess) Lacy on the trike.
God and Texas!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm Beautiful! NSAIDS ruined my kidneys so I can't ever take them again. Mentioning this to my doctors gets me the good stuff that I don't abuse.
I am in the process of figuring out how to carry our Yorkie (pure princess) Lacy on the trike.
Ehhh, it is what it is. I had loads of fun when I was younger. Time to pay the piper now.
My wife has a basket on her bike to carry that little yipper of hers. Almost never rides it though.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That is a hell of a meadow !!! I can see why you hiked it for sure
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Yeah, this place is awesome and it is always cooler there than down below. Sunday, when we came home, it was 74 and breezy when we left and 92 plus humidity when we got back home.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

CoreyR wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 am Yeah, this place is awesome and it is always cooler there than down below. Sunday, when we came home, it was 74 and breezy when we left and 92 plus humidity when we got back home.
92 .. what a drag , man . I don't have open space like that in the mountains , unless you're at a high peak, then you get that big breeze .. It's awesome . It's pretty tight around my place
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

CoreyR wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:12 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm Beautiful! NSAIDS ruined my kidneys so I can't ever take them again. Mentioning this to my doctors gets me the good stuff that I don't abuse.
Ehhh, it is what it is. I had loads of fun when I was younger. Time to pay the piper now.
My wife has a basket on her bike to carry that little yipper of hers. Almost never rides it though.
My trike is a Gold Wing motorcycle. Lacy would blow out of a basket. I have to come up with a secure carrier for her. Her application to be the wife's emotional support dog is pending.
God and Texas!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 am
CoreyR wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 am Yeah, this place is awesome and it is always cooler there than down below. Sunday, when we came home, it was 74 and breezy when we left and 92 plus humidity when we got back home.
92 .. what a drag , man . I don't have open space like that in the mountains , unless you're at a high peak, then you get that big breeze .. It's awesome . It's pretty tight around my place
Yeah, the wife and I are taking some vacation in November and thought about headed down past your area. Maybe going to Lookout Mountain, TN? Ok, a bit west I reckon...