Smoking frequency

Ronv69
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like [mention]ruffinogold[/mention] that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
I can clench a pipe with no problem while sitting in my office chair
but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Im thinking that hypnosis therapy may be an answer to this problem
If I tried to clench one of my "your" pipes, I would break a tooth.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Don't tell anyone, but I decided to test this alleged 'smoke' allergy by taping a used cigarette butt under his $2500 office chair one week.

What happened to him? Absolutely nothing. Empirical evidence that some people are full of it.
I'm a big fan of Empirical evidence, nice one! Lol... Smoking "allergies" is a crock in my opinion, there's asthma, emphasima and the likes and then there's controlling crybabies.
I was never bothered by cigarette smoke until we got on the plane to come home from Orlando. I was having spasms from the cigarette smoke. I had been around much worse for many years without a problem. I still can't be in a room with cigarettes smoke. Pipe tobacco doesn't faze me.
Being on a smoke filled plane isn't fun, agreed, but I'm not gonna sit there and whine and complain and make up shit just to have everyone put their cigarettes out.. I was so excited to fly when I was younger and to be able to sit in the "smoking section" so I could smoke. I was on a 10hr flight to Italy, I think I smoked two cigarettes and had to put the second one out because the air was so dry I felt like a raisin.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like [mention]ruffinogold[/mention] that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
You have to understand Ruff's idea of "work"😜🤠
:lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Yes! That happens! :lol:
I blow ash, inadvertantly spill, knock the bowl into things...it's truly Krameresque. Best for me to sit still and puff away in peace.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am
I blow ash, inadvertantly spill, knock the bowl into things...it's truly Krameresque. Best for me to sit still and puff away in peace.
Many moons ago when I was a letter carrier in South Austin I used to cruise my route on foot all day with a medium-sized meerschaum pipe clenched in my teeth. Between that and the ZZ Top-esque beard I had at the time I got a lot of attention and made a lot of friends, which was nice, but not the point - I was just being myself.

You can work with a pipe without blowing your bowl (which is a multi-purpose metaphor) but you have to find the one that suits you. Walking my route I had about half-a-dozen pipe brothers who were always glad to see me. 'Have a nice day.' :D
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I would smoke way more if I could smoke at work. In NY you're not allowed to smoke inside restaurants, businesses or pretty much anywhere indoors. We're not even allowed to smoke outdoors in certain places! Absolutely ridiculous! Where I work there is a certain "we sell flammable gases" nonsense for why we can't smoke. Honestly, as unsafe as it MAYBE could be... this place has been open for 100 years and we've only been unable to smoke in here for 10 or 11 years soooo... how dangerous is it really? All the flammables smell, so if you can smell them it isn't safe, if you can't they aren't present. I smoke at work when we're closed and I'm counting inventory; I smoke a pipe pretty much the whole time then. The nannies say that the people who vape can't even do that anymore, because the tiny little spark inside the device may cause an explosion, yet, we use OPEN FLAME on things all the time, everywhere in the building! We light oxy/ace torches and Bernzomatic torches all the time. Tell me again NY why I can't smoke at my desk.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 am

Many moons ago when I was a letter carrier in South Austin I used to cruise my route on foot all day with a medium-sized meerschaum pipe clenched in my teeth. Between that and the ZZ Top-esque beard I had at the time I got a lot of attention and made a lot of friends, which was nice, but not the point - I was just being myself.

You can work with a pipe without blowing your bowl (which is a multi-purpose metaphor) but you have to find the one that suits you. Walking my route I had about half-a-dozen pipe brothers who were always glad to see me. 'Have a nice day.' :D
I expect with a lot of practice, a few ruined shirts, and burn holes in my beard and 'stache, I might get the hang of it. :D
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am

I expect with a lot of practice, a few ruined shirts, and burn holes in my beard and 'stache, I might get the hang of it. :D
I burned my eyelid once while walking and smoking... It was more outta stupidity than anything else as I was smoking, walking, long-haired and young. My hair was in my face and I tipped me ole noggin' and shook the hair back... ash and ember then proceeded to fly out of the bowl and into my face. :lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Just yesterday I was on the rider mower and was smoking PS Cube Cut in a very wide GBD Pot .... made a turn to avoid a branch but kinda failed . Pipe smacked in face and hot cubes down shirt etc ... us pipe smokers are a tuff lot
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Preacher1611 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am

I burned my eyelid once while walking and smoking... It was more outta stupidity than anything else as I was smoking, walking, long-haired and young. My hair was in my face and I tipped me ole noggin' and shook the hair back... ash and ember then proceeded to fly out of the bowl and into my face. :lol:
ROFL! Hilarious!