" Creative " writing class

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

The Lego men are gathering to defend their homeland..

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Arturo suddenly blurted out. "The waffles in Belgium aren't anything like the ones they make at the IHop."

"Maybe we should go blow up an IHop for misrepresentation?"

"Or maybe we blow up Belgium because their waffles actually kinda suck."

"OoOoor, maybe we make waffles out of tannerite and blow them up?"
ever forward
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:39 pm
Fr. Tom, usually the most sober of the bunch, said, "Waffles are my favorite breakfast."
Suspension of disbelief ended right there. Waffles are not Keto friendly.
Chaffles might be more like me.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Crusty Cob

While the magnificent seven were enjoying a breakfast of waffles and bustelo, Crusty Cob pulls up an empty chair and bids a good morning to the group. Crusty begins: Gentlemen, I'm glad you have decided to inconvenience yourselves by travelling across the world at the request of a dead man. I am happy to see that you have not lost you talent for solving problems. My agents made me aware of your plan for the Lego factory. I must remind you however that this is not Columbia and we are not phantoms anymore. We now work within the constraints of a civilized society where brute violence is a last resort requiring a scapegoat. I'm all out of scapegoats. In fact. Margaret, Muriel, and I have taken a substantial stock position in the parent corporation of Lego and would hate to lose our investment. The problem here, gentlemen, is the CEO. A once friend of mine and fellow pipe smoker named Wilderness pipe. Since he was installed as head of Lego he has become influenced by individuals hostile to both Lego and pipe smoking. I have failed to convince Wildernesss pipe of the danger of his ideas, ideas which will potentially bring down Lego and the pipe industry. That is why I had to track down the most effective team of problem solvers the world has seen. I would like you gentlemen to find Wilderness Pipe and "persuade" him to take a different stance on the Lego pipes disaster. You will be rewarded handsomely for your trouble.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffino .... oops, I didn't get the memo

The security guards made it out . It happened at 3am
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 pm While sitting at the Danish version of waffle house, Der Vakenfel , Ruffinos phone made an alert sound and he got up suddenly to step outside

Father Tom , always watchful , said .. Ruff is up to something

Briar Royale snickered

KK peered out the window and saw Ruff talking with a man beside an unmarked white van parked in front of the Der Vankenfel

Ruff walked back inside and asked Mauriel to come outside for a favor . He assured Crusty Cob it wasn't that type of favor
Ruff needed 5 grand but didn't want a " paper trail " , so he asked Muriel to bat her eyes and maybe he wouldn't have to pay for his delivery .......
Of course it worked . When Muriel bats her eyes , only the strongest of men can resist and this Dane wasn't strong to her powers

Mauriel: So , what did I just do ?

Ruff : ( Smiling with a glow of a thousand children ) ... you just secured us a whole lot of Tannerite , baby !

( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite )
When Muriel Hauptmann bats her eyes, she really bats her eyes:

Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:39 pm
Fr. Tom, usually the most sober of the bunch, said, "Waffles are my favorite breakfast."
Suspension of disbelief ended right there. Waffles are not Keto friendly.
A man can love waffles while still keeping chaste.
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith was out on the balcony when all this malarky was going on inside. He was patiently puffing his Grabow waiting for when the time was ripe.

Whalehead King came out on the balcony. The two nodded each other.

"What do you think about all this IKEA LEGO waffle factory explosion escapade?" Whalehead King asked while he applied the charring light to his bowl of SWRA in a Kirsten.

KK looked at WK. When two fellow adventurers are simpatico, sometimes, no words need to be said for both to know what they mean.

"Did you hear me?" WK asked KK.

"Loud and clear," KK replied.

A duck with a card in its mouth landed on KK's shoulder. He took the card to of the duck's beak and opened it to read to Whalehead King.

"Phase Two has been initiated," KK said with all seriousness.

WK turned paler. "What next?" he asked aloud as he tamped down his bowl to put it out until his next chance to relax with his pipe.

"What next, indeed?" KK said. "Fr. Tom hasn't seen a waffle in a year. I was hoping this would finally shut him up talking about waffles all the time!"

"You know how they are when they're on a Keto Diet," WK said. "It's like being gluten-free in reverse."

"Ah," KK sighed. "I love waffles as much as the next guy. Don't tell anyone this but sometimes when I'm really hungry, I think I love waffles more than I love machine made cigars."

WK said, "Your secret is safe with me, big guy. I was looking forward to it raining waffles like tacos, but we have our instructions. Phase Two is begun. We have our orders."

If only it rained waffles like in that taco song. Yum, yum, yummity-yum.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:14 pm
"Ah," KK sighed. "I love waffles as much as the next guy. Don't tell anyone this but sometimes when I'm really hungry, I think I love waffles more than I love machine made cigars."
I always had KK pegged as a pigs in a blanket sort of guy, with a couple eggs blindfolded.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:39 pm
I always had KK pegged as a pigs in a blanket sort of guy, with a couple eggs blindfolded.
That was when he was younger and sowing his wild oats.

He's a much older man at the time this story takes place.