Mostly Burley Almost-Aros

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I used to be that snobby uptight guy that would never, ever smoke anything flavored. Well I got over that a few years ago. What I am interested in are mostly Burley tobaccos that are kinda sorta but not really aromatic. Currently smoke Derby Club and Milan Jefferson Street. Would appreciate you guys mentioning anything else along these lines so I can go read about them on tobaccoreviews. Thanks!
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I guess Heine's, and SWRA. Add some to that list please.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I'd say, although some may disagree, that regular SWR, Granger, both Lane and Sutliff versions of Edgeworth RR fall into that category - in the sense that they all smell pretty good and have a slight topping. H&H Classic Burley Kake is another that comes to mind.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

sisyphus
Person of Interest

got some already. Looking for more flavored than that one. Stuff that pushes the line between flavored codger and aro.

I guess I could add WC Deluxe Crumb Cut, which I adore btw, to the list.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Carter Hall might scratch the itch. Soloni 660 is a snobby refined burley flake with some aromatic tendencies at times.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Then there's Sutliff's Mixture No.79. 🙂
The Troll Whisperer
sisyphus
Person of Interest

where is the dislike button?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

A friend of mine sent me a sample of H&H Vermont Meat Candy.. I thought I was going to hate it based on the description. Turns out that Maple with a hit of smokey Kentucky like flavor really does it for me. I smoked the whole sample non-stop in two days. Like smoking smooth burley while eating a pancake and bacon breakfast.

We need [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] up in here. He's tried a lot of these types of blends.

Which reminds me.. Sutliff Burley Delight is another one... And MB Symphony.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

sisyphus wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm
got some already. Looking for more flavored than that one. Stuff that pushes the line between flavored codger and aro.
How about Scotty's Butternut Burley from Pipes and Cigars. It's one of the burley aromatics that you can taste the burley but has that great caramel flavor.