Coffee

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

I'm good.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I keep seeing that at my store in the giganto can, and I keep wondering if it's worth the commitment. Is the American classic on the medium roasted side? I am really not a fan of dark roasts. Sometimes coffees claim to be medium but are actually bordering on charred(I am looking at you Seattle based coffee empires).
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha

houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:40 pm I keep seeing that at my store in the giganto can, and I keep wondering if it's worth the commitment. Is the American classic on the medium roasted side? I am really not a fan of dark roasts. Sometimes coffees claim to be medium but are actually bordering on charred(I am looking at you Seattle based coffee empires).
With Community, medium means classic medium. This brand was born before the 'incinerated-nut' flavor was imposed on everybody by the NW (no disrespect). Different climate, different needs.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:47 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:40 pm I keep seeing that at my store in the giganto can, and I keep wondering if it's worth the commitment. Is the American classic on the medium roasted side? I am really not a fan of dark roasts. Sometimes coffees claim to be medium but are actually bordering on charred(I am looking at you Seattle based coffee empires).
With Community, medium means classic medium. This brand was born before the 'incinerated-nut' flavor was imposed on everybody by the NW (no disrespect). Different climate, different needs.
lol.. no disrespect taken.. I hate most of the things the PNW does. Even though I live here, I think it'd probably benefit the entire nation for the whole west coast to fall into the sea. But I digress.. I will snag the mega-tub. I am running low on coffee anyway. I really want to try Chock Full o'Nuts too, but it's impossible to find here locally.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha

houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:53 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:47 pm
lol.. no disrespect taken.. I hate most of the things the PNW does. Even though I live here, I think it'd probably benefit the entire nation for the whole west coast to fall into the sea. But I digress.. I will snag the mega-tub. I am running low on coffee anyway. I really want to try Chock Full o'Nuts too, but it's impossible to find here locally.
Chock full o' Nuts was my old standby for years until my grocery store stopped carrying it. Highly recommend if you want a a lot of medium nutty flavor without the incinerated-nut taste.
JTWilliams

I don't understand why, around here anyway, if the hipsters "love" their PBR, why are they so uptight and precious about their coffee? Shouldn't they be drinking, like, Tasters Choice? Or something made in a percolator?
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Dr Uhaha

JTWilliams wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 pm I don't understand why, around here anyway, if the hipsters "love" their PBR, why are they so uptight and precious about their coffee? Shouldn't they be drinking, like, Tasters Choice? Or something made in a percolator?
Hipsters only pretend to like PBR because of a favorite hipster movie: Blue Velvet. I never saw anyone drinking PBR in my part of the country before that movie came out, and all of a sudden my weirdo buddies were all drinking it. Case closed.

JTWilliams

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:49 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 pm I don't understand why, around here anyway, if the hipsters "love" their PBR, why are they so uptight and precious about their coffee? Shouldn't they be drinking, like, Tasters Choice? Or something made in a percolator?
Hipsters only pretend to like PBR because of a favorite hipster movie: Blue Velvet. I never saw anyone drinking PBR in my part of the country before that movie came out, and all of a sudden my weirdo buddies were all drinking it. Case closed.

Then why aren't they huffing mystery gas? :lol:
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Bamarick

Eight O'Clock dark roast is our normal everyday coffee, but for now we're drinking Community Dark Roast. Most afternoons my wife enjoys a cup of something from the Keriug maker while I will normally make myself a cup of French Market in the pour over maker. I also have Don Francisco & Bustelo that I sometimes use.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Dr Uhaha

JTWilliams wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:49 pm

Then why aren't they huffing mystery gas? :lol:
Let's not try too hard to understand - that movie is disturbing. After seeing it with my buddies they started bringing PBR around shouting together 'Pabst Blue Ribbon!' (Dennis Hopper). My friends also liked 'mystery gas,' but that is a story for another day...