What Do You Carry Your Pipes In?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive got a few things ... I'll have to takes some pictures
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Hey Thanks for the mention! I just fully gave it its maiden voyage the last two days. Ended up staying at my brother’s last night and had everything I needed for a relaxing, comfortable, familiar smoke on his back patio last night. Holds two blends of tobacco in baggies, zippo, tamper, cleaners, a crumb catching mat, and two pipes while closing fairly well. Just needs a things in it and I’ll be in business.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ill call this round one . I have all kinds of stuff but these are the ones I have out .
Usually , I have a pipe in a pipe sock along with a cleaner , my favorite being a camo one that I've temporarily lost , but I've probably got a dozen in my closet . I've got other leather pipe carriers in the closet but haven't been in there in some time .
Anyway, this first one I've had since the shop days . its been on every trip I've taken that was over a few days ...

This next is a sorring owl that my wife bought me for my birthday a few years ago . it goes on overnight trips or a day trip that doesn't have to do with going in the woods or river ..

This third one is one of my beaters and I love it . a cheap non leather that holds a pipe / cleaners and tobacco . it goes anywhere ...

I prefer a roll up pouch for tobacco and will have one in my back pocket . that and a pipe sock is the " work norm "

If I get in my closet today , I'll yank the others out
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
avid

insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

I usually go formal and wear a jacket and/or vest so I tend to have plenty of pockets about my person.

I have nothing against a guayabera but I like to tuck in my shirts so this style has never appealed to me, whether I'm sporting a jacket or no.

I like the idea of the Secret Agent Man aluminum case, but I tend to be absent minded so it would just be one more thing for me to forget when I make a hasty departure. The King-Signal! We're off!
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:50 pm Image
I love the idea of lugging an old Tootsie Roll box around town. Unfortunately it rains every day in New Orleans this time of year and I inevitably get caught in the rain on my motor scooter. This box wouldn't last long. :oops:
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:05 pm
I love the idea of lugging an old Tootsie Roll box around town. Unfortunately it rains every day in New Orleans this time of year and I inevitably get caught in the rain on my motor scooter. This box wouldn't last long. :oops:
It is a Knights of Columbus box though. It might be worth trying just for style points.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:49 pm
It is a Knights of Columbus box though. It might be worth trying just for style points.
That was my intent...LOL ;)
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:15 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:49 pm
That was my intent...LOL ;)
I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. After all, the KOC headquarters in New Haven, Connecticut is called "The Tootsie Roll Building."

For whatever reason, this brief Wikipedia article doesn't mention that local fun fact: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_o ... nnecticut). A look at the photo will demonstrate why it's called that, though.
avid

A look at the photo will demonstrate why it's called that, though.
LOL, what a riot...never been there and had no idea the structure looks like upright tootsie-rolls.
insufferable filter guy