The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

9 Iron
Founding Member

Miserable day at work today. Evan Williams magic tonic in a glass working it’s magic.
whitebriar

I enjoy Evan Williams..just pour a glass about 10pm and sip slowly till about midnight..
If I stay up later, just pour a bit more..
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I'm not sure if I've posted this question or not, but if you needed to recommend a single malt for a first time whiskey drinker, what would it be?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Evan Williams Single Barrel - equal parts water.

Recommended to me by my annoying whiskey/whisky expert BIL.

B*stard was right...
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:03 pm I'm not sure if I've posted this question or not, but if you needed to recommend a single malt for a first time whiskey drinker, what would it be?
Highland Park 12

For me, it has many of the characteristics of the different regions while none overpowering the others.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Made a liquor store run this afternoon and got a couple that I've not tried before. My Gentleman Jack is about empty so I'm sure I'll crack these open by the weekend.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ellis You wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 pm Made a liquor store run this afternoon and got a couple that I've not tried before. My Gentleman Jack is about empty so I'm sure I'll crack these open by the weekend.

My goodness .. Jim beam rye :) It was my only rye forever . Only in the last few years have I tried a few others . They changed the label on it to a green color .. it looks better than the yellow . Brings back many a memory of Manhattans and sours .. enjoy
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 pm
Ellis You wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 pm Made a liquor store run this afternoon and got a couple that I've not tried before. My Gentleman Jack is about empty so I'm sure I'll crack these open by the weekend.

My goodness .. Jim beam rye :) It was my only rye forever . Only in the last few years have I tried a few others . They changed the label on it to a green color .. it looks better than the yellow . Brings back many a memory of Manhattans and sours .. enjoy
I hear that the yellow label was better than the newer green. This one is the pre-prohibition version at 90 proof. I'll give it a try tomorrow evening. Alabama liquor stores don't ever have what I originally go in looking for :( so I usually end up with my 2nd or 3rd choice.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ellis You wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:03 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 pm

I hear that the yellow label was better than the newer green. This one is the pre-prohibition version at 90 proof. I'll give it a try tomorrow evening. Alabama liquor stores don't ever have what I originally go in looking for :( so I usually end up with my 2nd or 3rd choice.
Hell, I bet it will be fine . I can't remember the proof of the yellow.. I'm thinking 80 or 86 ( ? )
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

I picked up some Elijah Craig last week. Never had it before and found that I like it. Not badly priced either. Sadly, I left the bottle sitting out and my wife used it in cooking!!! :o