Injured pup.

CoreyR
Founding Member

I did not stop to take pictures but I had a bloody, and pricey, mess on my hands Monday. My dog Spot Boy, aka "Big Head," managed to puncture his paw, we do not know what on. nicked the artery. Had to take him to the animal hospital and have surgery done. That was a quick $500. Reckon I won't be restocking the cellar anytime soon! Sigh. Poor pup is now wearing "the cone of shame" and he HATES it.
I feel for him, I am in a walking cast myself. We are quite the pair, trying to get up the stairs into the house after his bathroom trips. Me trying to pick his front end up, while standing on one leg, and that one with a bad knee. Him in his "cone of shame," getting it caught on the steps and limping. LOL. He growls at me, I growl at him, we get to the top, plop down and lean on each other while we catch our breath.

Here he is as a puppy BTW Image

And with my wife and our other dog, Spotty, They are not actually related. Big Head is the one in the back Image

He is a hard headed critter, tends to growl and bite some but he is loyal as can be and we have been working on his attitude since I got him from the....well, since I got him.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Is Spotty the firebug? Lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:55 pm Is Spotty the firebug? Lol
Oh yeah, Spotty is the FIREBUG. Not Spot though. I know, it confuses me too so I just call Spot, the injured party here, "Big Head." LOL His head IS kinda big but pretty empty. Still, he is loyal as can be and sweet, in his own way.
CoreyR
Founding Member

"Spotty" has a pointy head and is slim, sleek, agile and FAST. Spot, aka "Big Head," is built like a fireplug and is my "bruiser." They both watch over my wifes little yorkie, Mollie dog. She is their little sister.
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:42 am I did not stop to take pictures but I had a bloody, and pricey, mess on my hands Monday. My dog Spot Boy, aka "Big Head," managed to puncture his paw, we do not know what on. nicked the artery. Had to take him to the animal hospital and have surgery done. That was a quick $500. Reckon I won't be restocking the cellar anytime soon! Sigh. Poor pup is now wearing "the cone of shame" and he HATES it.
I feel for him, I am in a walking cast myself. We are quite the pair, trying to get up the stairs into the house after his bathroom trips. Me trying to pick his front end up, while standing on one leg, and that one with a bad knee. Him in his "cone of shame," getting it caught on the steps and limping. LOL. He growls at me, I growl at him, we get to the top, plop down and lean on each other while we catch our breath.

Here he is as a puppy BTW Image

And with my wife and our other dog, Spotty, They are not actually related. Big Head is the one in the back Image

He is a hard headed critter, tends to growl and bite some but he is loyal as can be and we have been working on his attitude since I got him from the....well, since I got him.
Poor furball. Quick recovery to you both
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Poor guy. Hope he gets better soon.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
CoreyR
Founding Member

The little devil has learned to use his "cone of shame" as a tool now. Last night he use it to shove me across the house to the sofa where he plopped his big butt on my lap. It was like being pushed by a short bulldozer!
avid

I hope he a speedy recovery. What breed are the two larger pups...?
insufferable filter guy
CoreyR
Founding Member

avid wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:23 am I hope he a speedy recovery. What breed are the two larger pups...?
They are NOT related at all but are both half border collie. Spotty, the faster, more agile one is also half english setter. Spot Boy (Big Head), my big bruiser, is half...I dunno, ox? Water buffalo? Rock? Something along those lines.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I hope your friend springs back into action soon. Get well Spot Boy!
The Troll Whisperer