Is It Me Or What?!

Vinnie799

I am very disappointed in Solani ABF in the new round tins! I have been an avid ABF smoker (rectangular tins), since about 2009. At some point it became unavailable for many months which had meVery grateful that I had a several tin stash of it.

When I saw it was available again at smokingpipes.com I grabbed up a couple tins. They arrived and upon smoking from the first Tin I was like “man this stuff seems real different “ not much strength, the color is darker, taste is milder. It even smells weaker. But nice just the same.

You see ABF used to be my late evening cocktail smoke. A bit strong, rich and tasty. AND most important no comments from the peanut gallery here at home.

This stuff in the round tins is so weak in all points that it needs crutches!

Can anyone tell me if my tastes have changed during its absence??? I really don’t want to crack a year old tin just for this reason.

Thank you,
Vinnie799
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have had ABF, and I thought it was very good. It has been a while and I have not tried the new. I will be disappointed if it has changed.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Hmmmm ... what have you been smoking in its absence ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Middle Earth

Vinnie799 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 pm I am very disappointed in Solani ABF in the new round tins! I have been an avid ABF smoker (rectangular tins), since about 2009. At some point it became unavailable for many months which had meVery grateful that I had a several tin stash of it.

When I saw it was available again at smokingpipes.com I grabbed up a couple tins. They arrived and upon smoking from the first Tin I was like “man this stuff seems real different “ not much strength, the color is darker, taste is milder. It even smells weaker. But nice just the same.

You see ABF used to be my late evening cocktail smoke. A bit strong, rich and tasty. AND most important no comments from the peanut gallery here at home.

This stuff in the round tins is so weak in all points that it needs crutches!

Can anyone tell me if my tastes have changed during its absence??? I really don’t want to crack a year old tin just for this reason.

Thank you,
Vinnie799
Only one opinion matters
Your's
The old adage makes sense
Jar it up and wait and see
AndreRitter

I find the round tins seal better due to the twist and screw lid.
It may be that your baccy needs to breathe some.
:uh:
sisyphus
Person of Interest

my initial impression of ABF was very positive until I smoked all the other Burley
I hope our names are touching on the watch list